Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hubcaps make inflating tyres tricky. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla arrived with tryes set around 45 psi so I wanted to deflate them to the recommended 42.

This morning when I tried to screw in my tyre inflator, I realised that it was very difficult to screw the chuck onto the thread as the hubcap got in the way. There is not enough room. Removing the hubcap would make it easier but surely I don't need to do that every time I inflate?

This is the inflator I currently use

I know I don't need to connect the inflator to deflate the tyres but it made me realise it will be difficult when it comes to inflate.

Has anyone else experienced this or do I need a new tyre inflator?

Even the ones that lock on can be a pain at times, depending on what you're inflating. They are only useful if you have a slow noisy inflator, vs a true air compressor with an air tank. For those, you use an air chuck which you simply push down the tip and it fills right away. There are cheap compressors at Harbor freight and the chuck is like 7 bucks. I find myself using mine quite a bit for all kinds of purposes (I have a oil filled compressor with 21 Gal tank and air tools though). Once you have one, you'll wonder how you ever did without it.

Sorry for the big images.

63571_I.jpg

57572_W3.jpg