Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla improving their communication? (New M3 order)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read all the horror stories of ordering a Tesla and getting virtually no communication until a week before delivery. Emailing with no response etc..

I wanted to share my experience so far on a new order. I placed the order, got an automated email thanking me and giving instruction to download the app etc.. same day.. The very next day I got a text from a SA that said he had been assigned to me. He told me that he will contact me when I get a VIN generated but it will likely not be till March and to not expect delivery till about a week after getting a VIN. Also to feel free to text if I have any questions while I wait.

I texted my SA back and thanked him and asked him to confirm HOMELINK was no longer standard on any M3 packages and if not, if I can pay and have it added while in the factory. He answered back within an hour and let me know what I thought which was no HOMELINK and I'd have to order it after delivery.

So far so good. I don't have much to do but wait now but it's good to know I have someone that is responding and I'll appreciate it even more once I get closer I'm sure. Kinda of sad I have to compliment what should be normal good customer service haha. But I wanted to share my positive experience thus far, I hope they keep it up!

Reactions: Jazz3D
There are some advisors at Tesla that do a really good job and follow through on every communication. When you find one you need to hang onto them and don’t let them go.

But these are few and far between in Tesla Land. Turnover is high and the sales team is disgruntled with the low pay and loss of commissions so motivation is not very high.

There are some advisors at Tesla that do a really good job and follow through on every communication. When you find one you need to hang onto them and don’t let them go.

But these are few and far between in Tesla Land. Turnover is high and the sales team is disgruntled with the low pay and loss of commissions so motivation is not very high.

I have my guy programmed in my phone now. Hopefully he stays with the company.

I dunno, I've never had a problem with emailing people through Tesla.. When we bought our first Model 3 (Q4 2018, literally the craziest time) I was able to email and text our rep at any reasonable time and have a response back within minutes, he even let us take one of their test drive cars out for two entire days and keep it. Now I've ordered another and I'm dealing with a different rep in a different state and she has emailed me back and forth for months answering any questions I have and as soon as I placed an order she had an email sent out to me literally minutes later saying she'd be my OA. Have since talked to her over email on multiple occasions..

Both Utah and West Virginia are smaller markets than California. There are not nearly as many buyers to keep track of so I would expect the reps to be more responsive. No such luck in California.

First purchase was in Florida which is probably one of the biggest markets if not the second biggest in the country. There's more buyers in CA, yeah, but there's also a hell of a lot more SCs, DCs, and OAs. Also, just because I'm in WV doesn't mean anything - my OA this time is in OH and serves a pretty big market.

@Gize, as what has been posted above, we all want and hope the delivery process gets much better than last quarter and I'm glad your are feeling optimistic with your SA at this initial stage.

I just want to clarify that most all the "horror stories" that have been reported really starts after the date we were all expecting delivery (per Tesla web site under our order). Like you said, March for you which is like what, 10 weeks from now right? And then when some of us finally got notice it was only 24 hour notice and if we were unavailable that day the car was taken away to another customer and back in the long line we went (which really sucked over the Holidays when people went on vacation)

Personally, my SA always replied to my e-mails. The problem was, he had no clue of our delivery date weeks after the initial delivery date came and went and that is what hurt.

Keep your optimism and we are all pulling for both you and Tesla:)

Reactions: Nozomi
@Gize, as what has been posted above, we all want and hope the delivery process gets much better than last quarter and I'm glad your are feeling optimistic with your SA at this initial stage.

I just want to clarify that most all the "horror stories" that have been reported really starts after the date we were all expecting delivery (per Tesla web site under our order). Like you said, March for you which is like what, 10 weeks from now right? And then when some of us finally got notice it was only 24 hour notice and if we were unavailable that day the car was taken away to another customer and back in the long line we went (which really sucked over the Holidays when people went on vacation)

Personally, my SA always replied to my e-mails. The problem was, he had no clue of our delivery date weeks after the initial delivery date came and went and that is what hurt.

Keep your optimism and we are all pulling for both you and Tesla:)

Thanks, I am going to keep with my optimism. Let's call it cautious optimism :) I just didn't expect to hear anything for two months so when I got a text with the direct to the SA cell phone #, it was a nice surprise.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Just to expand. I have received as number of e-mail updates from my SA. Then, yesterday, they called me and said my Tesla should be here next week. They kindly went over all the details, made sure I had charging set up at home, made sure I had the right adapters, told me where the car would be when I got there, promised to make sure it was heated up (since it's cold here), etc. Really impressed with how detailed and proactive Tesla has been with me.

Reactions: edub

Any good SA in the San Diego area that someone could recommend? I’m ready to order but would love to try to get M3P- so I would love to have a good SA.

I have read all the horror stories of ordering a Tesla and getting virtually no communication until a week before delivery. Emailing with no response etc..

I wanted to share my experience so far on a new order. I placed the order, got an automated email thanking me and giving instruction to download the app etc.. same day.. The very next day I got a text from a SA that said he had been assigned to me. He told me that he will contact me when I get a VIN generated but it will likely not be till March and to not expect delivery till about a week after getting a VIN. Also to feel free to text if I have any questions while I wait.

I texted my SA back and thanked him and asked him to confirm HOMELINK was no longer standard on any M3 packages and if not, if I can pay and have it added while in the factory. He answered back within an hour and let me know what I thought which was no HOMELINK and I'd have to order it after delivery.

So far so good. I don't have much to do but wait now but it's good to know I have someone that is responding and I'll appreciate it even more once I get closer I'm sure. Kinda of sad I have to compliment what should be normal good customer service haha. But I wanted to share my positive experience thus far, I hope they keep it up!

I got pretty much all that when I ordered 12/8. The problem came down to the other people up the chain such as the the lady based in Vegas that disappeared and nothing could be done until she personally emailed a confirmation that the car was ready to be sold to me. Everyone could see everything was paid and done, but she had to send that email. And that's when everything breaks down. The people that are your main contacts answer the phone and tell you what they know, but they have a hard time getting anything done that requires other people within Tesla, and they seem to just give up quickly. So you have a while to go to see how they do with you.

I am going on my third week since I ordered now. My SA just sent his next random text to me to update. He said there is still no sign of a VIN, yet. ( as we both expected) He said he had checked my info and thanked me for putting in my drivers info etc.. that it will help things go fast as possible. He also let me know if I cancel FSD it won't slow up my order (thinking about buying FSD after delivery for the CC rewards). He also said he will continue to check for the VIN to show up earlier than the expected month of March.

I am going on my third week since I ordered now. My SA just sent his next random text to me to update. He said there is still no sign of a VIN, yet. ( as we both expected) He said he had checked my info and thanked me for putting in my drivers info etc.. that it will help things go fast as possible. He also let me know if I cancel FSD it won't slow up my order (thinking about buying FSD after delivery for the CC rewards). He also said he will continue to check for the VIN to show up earlier than the expected month of March.
Make sure the rewards are worth more than the sales tax increase.