Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Incapacitated on Xmas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, happened to me too Christmas eve, but the difference is I am off the grid. (I'm Tesla-blacklisted for having a rebuilt)

It was below freezing that evening, and ICU and MCU were black when I got in and the car seemed dead. Hit the brake and the ICU then booted but the MCU was black. It had the message "Powering up", which timed out after 30 seconds and I could then drive. But no heat, no audio (turn signals, etc), no controls. I did have wipers and headlights thankfully. (Getting 2" of snow)

Finally I did the two-finger salute, and the MCU came around, but no TACC nor Autopilot for the next 3 hours. Two-finger salute again, left the car, came back and then had TACC and Autopilot again. It's been fine since.

I had a similar experience as described by john pane. Did the update before Christmas, used Santa Mode a few times, then this morning discovered the car completely powered down and both screens black. I had to reboot both screens to get it back to normal.