Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea how to get a response from an adjuster? Is there like a general number to adjuster department?

I made a (glass only) claim and got an automated response from my adjuster, along with an email notifying me of the opened claim. But, any attempt by phone goes to voicemail, texts does not get answered, and email is never responded to. When I call the number to talk to someone live (an insurance quote person), the only thing they say they can do for me is forward my call to my adjuster. It has been almost two weeks since I opened the claim.

I guess this is why Tesla insurance is one of the cheapest I could get a quote for, rivaling Geico for me. First time making a claim and the experience is just horrible.

I called tesla insurance today to up the limits of my coverage on two cars. The App didn't respond when I repeatedly tapped the Modify Policy link hidden several layers deep. The automated phone voice told me the hold time would be over one hour. Wow. So I put my phone on the charger and went back to work. One and a half hours later it was still on hold. I went back to USAA for insurance on both cars.. Fortunately the cancel the policy app linked worked.
Separately a friend had his Model Y repaired at the Tesla body shop. It needed a follow up visit to take care of misaligned body panels. A couple of months later he is still waiting for reimbursement of his $1,000 deductible. Tesla insurance is cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for. With more and more Teslas on the road this will probably not improve.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I called tesla insurance today to up the limits of my coverage on two cars. The App didn't respond when I repeatedly tapped the Modify Policy link hidden several layers deep. The automated phone voice told me the hold time would be over one hour. Wow. So I put my phone on the charger and went back to work. One and a half hours later it was still on hold. I went back to USAA for insurance on both cars.. Fortunately the cancel the policy app linked worked.
Separately a friend had his Model Y repaired at the Tesla body shop. It needed a follow up visit to take care of misaligned body panels. A couple of months later he is still waiting for reimbursement of his $1,000 deductible. Tesla insurance is cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for. With more and more Teslas on the road this will probably not improve.

If I had access to USAA I would definitely get them. I had AAA but they got entirely too expensive for Tesla vehicles. I shopped around for myself, but Tesla insurance was not on my list of quotes, even though I am in Southern California and they started offering insurance here first. I like Tesla products, and have had ok service from Tesla in general, but insurance (when you need it) is "high touch customer service" to me, and Tesla simply does not do that well.