Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla integrating Body ship in-house

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This should help with deliveries -Tesla Targeting Same-Day Body Repairs Tesla Targeting Same-Day Body Repairs

I think this sounds great, however, I am not sure if the problem for long repair times are the fault of the independent repair shops. I recently was in a collision with my Model S. Tesla was great as roadside assistance called minutes after the accident to see if I was OK. They then emailed me a list of Tesla approved repair shops that I had before the tow truck arrived. I had them take it to one of those shops. The shop has ordered the parts to fix the car, however, they are saying it will take as long as 3-4 months to get the parts in. Apparently, Tesla has a shortage of parts and the shop cannot get parts on a timely basis, even though Tesla recommended them.

I think the problem will be solved simply by Tesla ramping up its parts production. I am sure the parts shortage is because they have reallocated resources to increase production of the Model 3. Hopefully the parts production will pick up once they are out of model 3 "production hell".

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911