Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla IOS 4.31.5 and 4.31.6 bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Climate Control screen sometimes doesn't show lower part of the screen with temperature controls, dog mode, etc. And other times it doesn't show icons for heated seats. Anybody else are having these issues?
It started to happen in 4.31.5 and keeps happening in 4.31.6.

bug1.PNGbug2.PNG

Reactions: RNHurt
Then you answered your own question. The problem is old technology. Microsoft and Apple learned the issues with maintaining old tech, in their case it was DOS and Lisa operating system.

One can avoid old tech not working well with the new apps by staying within about five years of technology release.
I don't think so. It is still supported by Apple and runs the latest IOS. Processor speed is plenty for my needs. No reasons to upgrade.

People tend to follow consumer mentality these days. New car every 3 years, phone every 2-4 years and so on. Great for businesses but wasteful for population.

The issue appears to happen after closing and starting Tesla app. After I start the app, open different screens and few minutes later I get normal Climate page. Not sure what changed in 4.31.5 but it never happened before. Similar issue with Navigation. It may not present a screen to send destination to my car after an app restart.

same issue here. 2018 Long range rear wheel drive. original hardware 2.5 computer.

car software is 2024.8.9. app software is 4.31.6. running on an iphone 11, version 17.4.1 ios.

it (the app climate controls) has come back each time i've re-booted the car. but this is a new bug.

this is a feature i use everyday. maybe that's why it's gone to crap. wore it out.

• Funny
Reactions: buddhafree
Don’t think the IOS increased font size is supported by the app. Alters images and fonts outside of parameters.
I tested and the font size has nothing to do with this issue. The problem is not how the page looks but a sub screen that has to appear on the bottom of Climate Control page often doesn't show anymore. After playing around with the app it eventually shows irrelevant if font size is default or not.
My guess it has something to do with new "Demo" mode. It was coded in 4.31.5 and that's when the problem first appeared.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNHurt
not a font size issue the past 6 years for me. i have increased the font size on all my iphones since my Tesla era, starting in 2018. only a recent "update" broke something. repeat, was not an issue with font size for 6 years! and now it is an issue? see, this is what drives me nuts with tech. improvements/updates sometimes ARE NOT!

ha. so i just requested service for this glitch. tesla replied with "do you want a tire rotation, too?". i said no...and the app now shows the climate controls. WTH? just bizarre. random. weird. i don't know what to think as far as troubleshooting this bug. wow.

ha. so i just requested service for this glitch. tesla replied with "do you want a tire rotation, too?". i said no...and the app now shows the climate controls. WTH? just bizarre. random. weird. i don't know what to think as far as troubleshooting this bug. wow.
It is likely a temporary "fix". I can get Climate screen to work by randomly opening different screens within the app but the issue always comes back later.

Last edited: