Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is not honoring demo discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my P3D+ in March, the sales matched me up with one that had a $1,080 demo discount. It had a hundred or so miles on it. On the day before pickup, he re-matched me with another "demo" car with only 50 miles. He mentioned the same discount will apply. I should receive the refund in the mail within 2 months. Months past, he checks in with his finance team, and they say no refund is due.

I think the gaffe here was he re-matched me with another demo car that didn't come with discounts and he was uninformed. I wouldn't have taken that demo car if that was the case and might as well just purchased a non- demo for full price.

Do I have any course of action here? I'm not getting anywhere with the sales advisor who sold me the car, and Tesla hasn't responded to my email.

With nothing in writing I would probably angle to get some free goods out of the ordeal.
Something that the 1 sales advisor that screwed up might have some ability to give away.
Do you have a Telsa home charger?

If you have something in writing than that is a different story.

On the plus side: 50 miles is about as many miles as some new cars are delivered with. Also, as a demo, the most egregious quality issues were probably already taken care of before you got it. So, that's something. :(

I wouldn't lose sleep over it since it's a done deal now, even though that is a lot of money. I agree that they should honor the original agreement, but realistically any kind of compensation you're going to get now just isn't going to be worth your time and aggravation.

Tesla is like any other car seller and that you cannot trust anything not in writing. They are well trained to avoid putting anything in writing. On one purchase, I just asked for a Due Bill to note the scratches (one clear through the paint). After loading my car and pairing my phone with 10 minutes to close, they said there would be no Due Bill. I asked for an e-mail confirmation and they also said no. I WALKED AWAY FROM THE PURCHASE.

Reactions: davewill