Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is overpriced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But to answer your question in the title, yes Tesla's are overpriced.
I feel my Model S is a bargain...I calculated it cost me (in fuel only) about $0.20/miles to drive my Range Rover Sport. So my 1st year of ownership, driving the Tesla 36,000 miles saved me north of $7k in fuel. Not even going to mention maintenance costs. The more miles I drive it, the more of a bargain it becomes.

Huh? Joe, I dont understand your title. Your comments contradicts what the title suggests.. I think all non-Tesla luxury cars are waaay overpriced, compared with Tesla.
I was being facetious as I see the Tesla having considerably lower maintenance expenses as compared to a Mercedes. I am an extended warranty, dealer only service kinda guy with all my cars and motorcycles. I also keep my vehicles for atleast 10 years.
My point was that after owning the MS for a year with zero oil changes etc. I was a little shocked at my MBZ bill for routine maintenance.
And no, I don't think my Tesla is overpriced for what it delivers which is light years ahead of other similarly or higher priced cars.

I'm pretty sure the spark plugs do not have to be replaced if they're only 2 years old unless you already have like 60k on them or something. Even then many spark plugs in new vehicles are rated for 100k miles
My 06 Prius has a spark plug interval of 120K miles or 144 months. I bought it new in Jan 06 and still am the original plugs. Dealer oil changes are becoming expensive now, on the order of almost $60, IIRC.

My mother's 07 Nissan Altima Hybrid calls for new plugs at 105K miles or 84 months.

Yes, on modern ICEVs, 100K+ mile spark plug intervals aren't uncommon.