Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Tesla just announced they WILL retro-fit PES

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I do not have the stock Tesla PWS or boom box in my June 2020 MYP build - so installed the WASP 🐝 from EV-CPO. It’s cheaper, programmable and alerts pedestrians with a courtesy beep.

A member of TMC forums sells them. Hank offers great troubleshooting service and I’m loving my experience so far. It is what boombox “should be”.

And they just told me NO. Gotta love Tesla.
Well here it is. Show them this. The only reason I want it is we have a lot of little kids in my neighborhood that play on our street.
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 11.20.48 AM.png

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
I finally was able to listen to the forward-moving PWS sound - basically just white noise/dull roar, I guess, and not sure it's really loud enough to function as a PWS, frankly.... Not like the back-up sound, that's for sure. And I think the Boombox capability resets to default every time the car shuts off, right?

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
Had it installed yesterday, which cost $95.01. The forward PWS sounds like our 2017 Volt and I know from 4+ years of ownership it works for its intended purpose. But I love the sound in reverse.

But as a side benefit when my SA checked me in, he mentioned my VIN is part of a Customer Service Campaign to replace the 3 Pressure/Temperature Sensors that have been associated with Heat Pump failures. So they did that as well. A Mobile Tech couldn't change them.

Very happy camper with our local Tesla Service Center.

Had it installed yesterday, which cost $95.01. The forward PWS sounds like our 2017 Volt and I know from 4+ years of ownership it works for its intended purpose. But I love the sound in reverse.

But as a side benefit when my SA checked me in, he mentioned my VIN is part of a Customer Service Campaign to replace the 3 Pressure/Temperature Sensors that have been associated with Heat Pump failures. So they did that as well. A Mobile Tech couldn't change them.

Very happy camper with our local Tesla Service Center.
how come you paid only $95 while others $200? Did you get the same part and able to download & use Boombox?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC