Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla knows I ordered Model 3 parts for my car but I don't want insurance to be aware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a small accident a few days ago
Broke my back headlight and bumper while trying to parallel park

Went to a repair shop, and they just ordered the parts to be fixed. I am not going through insurance (I have Tesla insurance), because it's a rather small repair and I don't want my rates to go up.

But, I just received an email from Tesla saying my parts have been ordered, with my VIN number. So Tesla is aware. Is that a problem with insurance? Could they raises my rates?

Also side note, before I went to any repair shop, I received an email from Tesla on Monday at 8am saying I should visit repair shops. Did the car sent a report to Tesla without me knowing?

Edit: Oops wrong place to post that, if a mod could delete I'm sorry.

I actually think Tesla insurance is just underwritten by someone else... and with the way Tesla communicates between departments, there might be very little chance they actually communicate to their insurance underwriter. I remember getting some email in my Tesla app saying "Tesla Service Ready for You" or something really vague and when I opened the message it was just explaining that I could use the mobile app to schedule service and upload pictures and stuff. Could just be a generic message making sure you're aware you can schedule service direct from your app.

Reactions: cerealzealot