Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightstream will approve you for secured or unsecured loan based on your credit profile and I'm sure some other factors.

Makes sense. Just trying to figure out if in my Tesla account I should choose the pay with cash or third party bank option since LightStream will deposit the money directly into my bank account and I can wire it to Tesla.

My thought process is to choose pay with cash and then when I go to the DMV I can put LightStream on the title and register/pay taxes. Unless Tesla handles the title portion prior to me registering and paying taxes then in that case I’d go with the third party loan option.

Makes sense. Just trying to figure out if in my Tesla account I should choose the pay with cash or third party bank option since LightStream will deposit the money directly into my bank account and I can wire it to Tesla.

My thought process is to choose pay with cash and then when I go to the DMV I can put LightStream on the title and register/pay taxes. Unless Tesla handles the title portion prior to me registering and paying taxes then in that case I’d go with the third party loan option.

I'm not sure. You may want to ask your delivery advisor.

If Lightstream approves your for unsecured loan, you never put Lightstream on the title as a lien holder. If they approved you for a secured loan, they will probably want to send the money directly to Tesla.

A word of caution here for anyone who is still interested in AFCU.. I don't think DO40 or any other paid membership will work any more. AFCU now requires a formal union documentation as per my last phone call with the loan officer. Also received an angry email from DO40 stating they were contacted by AFCU for all the recent memberships. And AFCU has stopped accepting members of DO40 because of "what they regarded as abuse, possible hacking and interstate issues". The email even talks about legal actions.. sigh

So - STAY AWAY!!! It may be wise to remove ActorsFCU from the spreadsheet.

I completely missed seeing this spreadsheet before obtaining my loan with Fairwinds, but fortunate to receive a .75% interest rate for a 3 year loan. There is a small discount if you have an account and set up auto pay on the loan. I was going to pay full cash, but the money I keep up front will make more than the cost of the loan over 3 years.

A word of caution here for anyone who is still interested in AFCU.. I don't think DO40 or any other paid membership will work any more. AFCU now requires a formal union documentation as per my last phone call with the loan officer. Also received an angry email from DO40 stating they were contacted by AFCU for all the recent memberships. And AFCU has stopped accepting members of DO40 because of "what they regarded as abuse, possible hacking and interstate issues". The email even talks about legal actions.. sigh

I wondered about the bank fraud issues. Not that they'd bother to prosecute anyone who didn't actually rip them off of money, but yeah...

Also wondered about using a program called Dancers Over 40 to apply for a loan as a 36 year old. lol

That happened to me last Fri. They denied my membership application and accused me of fraud. She even specifically stated that "all of you Tesla people are abusing the system". She was very rude. I told her I legitimately joined an organization(DO40) that their website said were eligible for membership. She lied trying to state that you had to be a union card holder even though it clearly stated on their website that "members" were eligible. Then she tried to say that I frauded DO40 because I wasn't over 40. I'm 50 yo. I guess they were bombarded with applications. I don't understand why they are angry as they are making $ with all of the loans. So yes, definitely avoid Actors FCU and DO40. We are dead to them.

I completely missed seeing this spreadsheet before obtaining my loan with Fairwinds, but fortunate to receive a .75% interest rate for a 3 year loan. There is a small discount if you have an account and set up auto pay on the loan. I was going to pay full cash, but the money I keep up front will make more than the cost of the loan over 3 years.

Ah, you are lucky. My app failed with them. They couldn't verify my out of state license. I own a business in FL and should have qualified, but they killed me app after pre-approving it.

Anyone have any success recently with Tower?

So much to read in this thread so excuse the question - found a great rate at a CU in Western Connecticut. Best by far in the local area and easy to become a member if you live nearby. Can it be added for others to use?
Mount Kisco NY Tesla Customers be aware!

Home

2.79 for 60 months if you do electronic payment, or 3.04 for 72.

• Love
Reactions: T3slaMecca
So much to read in this thread so excuse the question - found a great rate at a CU in Western Connecticut. Best by far in the local area and easy to become a member if you live nearby. Can it be added for others to use?
Mount Kisco NY Tesla Customers be aware!

Home

2.79 for 60 months if you do electronic payment, or 3.04 for 72.
Absolutely! We need contributions like this!

At the risk of being ridiculed, can anyone point me to where you can go to try to get lightstream to beat a rate? When I am logged in all I can do is proceed with their offered loan terms. I cannot find any option to submit to have the rate beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.