Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla login for TuneIn radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone solved this? If your TuneIn account says your password is "with accounts.google.com", how can you enter it? I went to change my current password but I don't know the old (Google) one to change it. I guess I could create an email ID account, but I just signed up for a paid account on the one that's Google-authenticated..?

I know - first-world problem, eh?
;)
I first created my TuneIn account as a google one. As explained above, that does not work to log on with the TuneIn app in the Tesla.
I did contact their support to switch back to a « normal » account. Below is Matt’s reply :

No need to delete and re-create. Go on tunein.comvia web browser, log in using Google again, and then go to My Account > Settings.
You should be able to set a password here. Please let me know if that worked!

Sincerely,
Matt
TuneIn, Inc.

So I did just that and it worked: I can now use my email as username and the password I set.

Hope this helps
Yannick

...Go on tunein.com via web browser, log in using Google again, and then go to My Account > Settings. You should be able to set a password here....

So I did just that and it worked: I can now use my email as username and the password I set.

Thanks, Yannick, but how do you change the password when you can't enter the hidden one Google manages? The submit button is greyed out.

2019-11-11 16_54_49-General Account Settings.jpg

The google one is the one you use to access your gmail mailbox or any other google service. Or don’t you have a gmail mailbox?

Yikes, I signed up here just to correct this! NEVER enter your google password on any site that doesn't end in google.com (or your country code instead of .com).

I wouldn't trust TuneIn with anything (they were renowned amongst developers as the slimiest company) but even if they weren't you should never do this.

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
Yikes, I signed up here just to correct this! NEVER enter your google password on any site that doesn't end in google.com (or your country code instead of .com).

I wouldn't trust TuneIn with anything (they were renowned amongst developers as the slimiest company) but even if they weren't you should never do this.

The answer is - go to the login screen and say you've forgotten your password. I was the OP with this question and it worked for me.

The downside is that the Tesla TuneIn implementation only half works, in that I continue to get audio ads to sign up for TuneIn Premium. Oh well - first-world, pre-covid19 problem!

I never use another service's account (Facebook, Google, etc.) to log into a different service. Too much information shared, user profiles shared, different privacy policies, increased risk of hacks, etc. I think this is almost as bad as using the same password across different sites -- well, not quite that bad. :)