Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Loyalty Discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand to quality for tax credit the MSRP/Retail would have to be under $80,000 for Model X. If i pick an Model X from inventory which is $80,990 and with the $1,000 loyalty discount which makes the car at $79,900, will that make the car qualify for tax credit? I'm assuming the answer is no but I'm pending an answer from Tesla right now. Anyone asked the similar question and have feedback from Tesla?

I understand to quality for tax credit the MSRP/Retail would have to be under $80,000 for Model X. If i pick an Model X from inventory which is $80,990 and with the $1,000 loyalty discount which makes the car at $79,900, will that make the car qualify for tax credit? I'm assuming the answer is no but I'm pending an answer from Tesla right now. Anyone asked the similar question and have feedback from Tesla?
No, it's based on original MSRP regardless of discounts. So even if you got an inventory car that was 79k after 6k in discounts off 85k MSRP, the credit is based on the ORIGINAL msrp.

1694113288128.png