Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla mobile app version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla model 3 standard new in Aug 2021. My Tesla mobile app is on my iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.5. How can I tell what version of the Tesla app is on my phone? When a new version of the app comes out how will I know -- will it update automatically? Will the latest app version be available on the AppStore and will it list the version number there? Perhaps the latest version of the app software is not compatible with my iPhone 6?

If my wife was the last previous driver of the car and I now get in to drive it, the car software must recognize from my iPhone that I am a registered driver. But is it also supposed to automatically recognize me specifically as the current driver and show on the top of the touchscreen that I am the driver -- or do I have to specifically open the driver list and tap my name? More details of the iPhone and car connection?

Where can I find out more details of what phone and wifi connections the car has available while being driven, and what they are being used for?

The Tesla mobile app updates like any other iPhone app. Whether that happens automatically depends on your iOS settings.

You can configure the correct driver profile to be selected automatically. Look at the driver profile section of the manual for details. Since you have a lot of question, browsing other sections of the manual wouldn’t hurt. The phone section will tell you how to connect your phone.

The car doesn’t have its own WiFi hotspot, but it can connect to your home WiFi or phone hotspot. By default, the car disconnects from WiFi when you put it in gear, but there’s a new setting that lets you override that. Again, consult the manual.

Upvote 0
The App store should also have the version number
iOS 12 is pretty old you may find you don't get any updates
You might see version xxx update available in the app store but it's unable to install
It may require a later version of iOS
Tesla app current version is 4.3.0 it's been recently released

The car uses cellular data while your driving or parked and if you are away from WiFi you've connected the car to
depending on what your doing or what the car is doing.
Maps, logging, streaming music, Netflix, location, premium connectivity, remote control of the car etc
can all use data or WiFi
Read the manual that should help with some of your questions

Last edited:
Upvote 0