Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance safety score version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving for 2 weeks my first new Tesla. Started with Tesla insurance. I know that there is safety score v2.0 out. But my app shows as v1.0 still. Is it because I am new? Is there anything that I need to do to update? Not sure what version is better but just curious. I am in Las Vegas.

There is nothing you can do, I think it is also regionalized, they will update you as it is available for you. Consider it a blessing, you won't be charged driving at night, just be careful HB before yellow light, others changes are not really that significant.

Upvote 0
Okay, I have Tesla insurance and my forward collision warnings have been going BONKERS lately... Me: Driving 25 miles per hour around a curved street in my small town where cars are parked on the street. It goes off like 4 times a day on my street... and my premiums are going through the roof. I'm going to have to change insurance providers unless this shitty software get's fixed... I can't be the only one? It's literally just the forward collision warning causing trouble... it seems to have gotten so bad with this most recent software update. Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to just cancel my insurance?

Upvote 0
Okay, I have Tesla insurance and my forward collision warnings have been going BONKERS lately... Me: Driving 25 miles per hour around a curved street in my small town where cars are parked on the street. It goes off like 4 times a day on my street... and my premiums are going through the roof. I'm going to have to change insurance providers unless this shitty software get's fixed... I can't be the only one? It's literally just the forward collision warning causing trouble... it seems to have gotten so bad with this most recent software update. Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to just cancel my insurance?
One suggestion - not sure it will help though ... try to recalibrate the cameras. If you have any neighbor that has Tesla, you can also ask them about it, I have read similar cases on this forum. A long shot will be request a service ...

Upvote 0
Having the same problem. My cumulative safety score actually decreased by 8 points in one day from 92 to 84 because of the false FCW issue. Just finished sending a formal complaint to Tesla Insurance asking them not to utilize the safety score in determining my insurance premium, due to the tech still being in Beta mode & faulty. Like, why should I be paying for these mistakes. It makes driving my M3 stressful & unenjoyable. I don't have high expectations, but I'll see what they say. Oh, how I wished I lived in CA where they don't have to worry about this...

Upvote 0
The free FSD has helped greatly. April 23, 2024 I signed up for Tesla ins @ $119 for my M3 SR. I drove for 2 days straight on FSD and was instantly assigned to 100% for those two days. That night I checked the app and it said my premium had decreased. It said for May 2024 my premium would be $103 and June 2024 would by $62.51. I immediately signed up for the $99 FSB sub because 95% of my Las Vegas/Henderson driving will be using it.
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 3.15.22 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 3.16.17 PM.jpeg

Upvote 0
I have been driving for 2 weeks my first new Tesla. Started with Tesla insurance. I know that there is safety score v2.0 out. But my app shows as v1.0 still. Is it because I am new? Is there anything that I need to do to update? Not sure what version is better but just curious. I am in Las Vegas.
I was wondering the same thing, found this another TMC discussion...

"Ok, found my answer. After an incredible 45 minute long wait with Tesla Insurance, I spoke with Glenn who told me in short that version 2.0 has to be approved by each individual state's commission that oversees vehicle insurance. Currently, only two states are on Version 2.0. Glenn also said he was actually part of the internal team that helped make the changes from 1.2 to 2.0 (specifically around the late night driving). So, until my state (CO) approval's Tesla's insurance changes that includes version 2.0, I will be stuck on version 1.2
Also, changing from version 1.2 to 2.0 only occurs at the end of your term. Since Tesla does six month terms, the earliest I could hope to go from 1.2 to 2.0 is September of this year (again, pending state approval).
Hope this helps people! I told them they really should add this to their FAQ on Tesla's site."

Upvote 0
I was wondering the same thing, found this another TMC discussion...

"Ok, found my answer. After an incredible 45 minute long wait with Tesla Insurance, I spoke with Glenn who told me in short that version 2.0 has to be approved by each individual state's commission that oversees vehicle insurance. Currently, only two states are on Version 2.0. Glenn also said he was actually part of the internal team that helped make the changes from 1.2 to 2.0 (specifically around the late night driving). So, until my state (CO) approval's Tesla's insurance changes that includes version 2.0, I will be stuck on version 1.2
Also, changing from version 1.2 to 2.0 only occurs at the end of your term. Since Tesla does six month terms, the earliest I could hope to go from 1.2 to 2.0 is September of this year (again, pending state approval).
Hope this helps people! I told them they really should add this to their FAQ on Tesla's site."
Did Glenn tell you which states are that? I am in 2.0 now but I think others in Texas already have it for a while before I got upgraded to 2.0, certainly is more than 6 months. As usual Tesla has some secret, mysterious or somehow incompetent ways to tell customer and I hoped Glenn is not just making things up..

Upvote 0