Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Mobile Charger Adapter for Pacifica Hybrid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ag21

M3 SR/Wht/Wht->Blk/18 OD:2/13 DD: 4/5 Texas
Dec 14, 2022
Houston
I was using my 2017 Model S mobile charger (240v) just fine with a Lectron single piece adapter on our 2022 Pacifica. I recently upgraded to a used 2022 S that came with a newer mobile charger. First adapter and the “two piece” Lectron adapter both produced errors in the Pacifica and will not charge it. Will post pics tomorrow. Any advice? Trying to avoid 12v outlet charging on the Pacifica if we can.

Thanks!

Second one we tried:
Lectron Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V -

I don’t know if there’s a difference between the two versions of UMC, but I gather not all adapters contain the right circuitry to translate from Tesla’s data protocol to J1772.

Case in point: my neighbour got a cheapo adapter and it wouldn’t charge his Hyundai from my Gen2 wall charger unless I change the internal DIP switch to allow non-Tesla charging. I got a TeslaTap Mini, which claims to contain the appropriate circuitry, and it charges my Lucid just fine from the Tesla wall connector without messing with the DIP switches.

TLDR: Try a different adapter - I recommend the TeslaTap.

Reactions: ag21