Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 (2017-2020) Adapter to allow use of new USB-C parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've been looking at a number of article to replace the Rear/Front Console on a Tesla Model 3 (2019) to the USB-C consoles.

I've seen how there is a requirement for a cable harness adapter however haven't been able to find out where to buy one.

I'm located in the UK and only seen people who are USA based; but wonder if anyone could suggest someone I could buy the harnesses from and get posted over to myself.

The rear console looks really simple to replace so guess it's just the cable harness to purchase from where.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Andrew

All you can really do is either speak to @PhilippDen or @smatthew on here, and ask them if they have any adapters for sale. If they don’t, they might be able to provide the list of parts you need to make them up yourself.

The rest of the parts are easily sourced from Tesla (or salvage yards I guess).

Retrofitting the rear ones is a 3 minute job. The front is more involved but even that isn’t particularly hard, just a bit more time consuming.

I did mine several months ago and it’s been working flawlessly ever since. I don’t have an Android phone so can’t tell the wireless charging speed, but I do know from using a tester that the USB-C ports output 3A/27W compared to 2A/10W with the old USB-A ports. Quite a big difference.