Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't figure out a way to edit the last post, so posting this as a new entry.

I came across Tesla APIs (which is super awesomeness if you are a programmer) and have been fooling around with them for the past hour or so. When I call the vehicle_data API, i get a bunch of option codes as part of the response. What is interesting is that I get an APH3 option code for autopilot, which Google and TeslaFI thinks means HW2.5, not HW3.

And then, I found this thread - Vehicle Option codes / General / TeslaFi

The mystery deepens... but I am not ready to disassemble my car :)

Also - there is an API for sentry mode - I called that API but got an error response back. So - definitely no sentry mode for me :(

My car is an April build and it had 7.105 it and I know I read somewhere that 7.105 was HW3 version. As soon as I connected it to my WiFi at home, it updated to 12.1.2.

Just picked up my LR RWD MSM/Black Interior, 5/2019 build.
I went to the service station because my neighbor is doing some construction, and I didn't want to deal with all of that.
Everything went smoothly, inspected it inch by inch and found no flaws, left in my car after about 30 minutes.
As for the car itself...well, let's just say I normally drive a Prius, and I drove to the station and traded in my old 2000 Toyota Echo.
You might say that the Tesla drives a little better. :)
I was a little concerned about the regenerative breaking, but I was already used to it by the time I got home. My main problem was going too fast...I really had to be careful.
I was also concerned about the charging...I don't drive that much and was planning on trickle charging. Plugged in with a quality extension cord, and was immediately getting 5 mph, 119 v. I still might install a real charger when I decide which side of the garage I want to park on, but I'm glad the normal outlet seems to be working fine for now.
Got everything programmed easily except for HomeLink, but that's just because I still have to find where the learn button is on my garage door opener.
Everything else perfect...stereo is amazing, controls were surprisingly easy to use, phone key functioned well, and looking slightly right and down for the MPH didn't bug me at all. The cameras calibrated by the time I had gotten home, but I forgot to turn on the Auto-steer in the menu, so I haven't gotten a change to play with that yet.
So very pleased!

Reactions: 30seconds and VT_EE
Just picked up my LR RWD MSM/Black Interior, 5/2019 build.
I went to the service station because my neighbor is doing some construction, and I didn't want to deal with all of that.
Everything went smoothly, inspected it inch by inch and found no flaws, left in my car after about 30 minutes.
As for the car itself...well, let's just say I normally drive a Prius, and I drove to the station and traded in my old 2000 Toyota Echo.
You might say that the Tesla drives a little better. :)
I was a little concerned about the regenerative breaking, but I was already used to it by the time I got home. My main problem was going too fast...I really had to be careful.
I was also concerned about the charging...I don't drive that much and was planning on trickle charging. Plugged in with a quality extension cord, and was immediately getting 5 mph, 119 v. I still might install a real charger when I decide which side of the garage I want to park on, but I'm glad the normal outlet seems to be working fine for now.
Got everything programmed easily except for HomeLink, but that's just because I still have to find where the learn button is on my garage door opener.
Everything else perfect...stereo is amazing, controls were surprisingly easy to use, phone key functioned well, and looking slightly right and down for the MPH didn't bug me at all. The cameras calibrated by the time I had gotten home, but I forgot to turn on the Auto-steer in the menu, so I haven't gotten a change to play with that yet.
So very pleased!
Welcome. You’ll find answers to your questions here.