Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 got backed up into rear passenger side - how bad is the damage/potential cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone - as mentioned, Tesla Model 3 got backed up into the rear passenger side today. Currently going through the motions with insurance and filing a claim. Curious to hear how much this might cost, and anything to be conscientious of in the adjuster/claim process.

I'm located in San Jose/Los Gatos area and not sure if there are any third-party certified Tesla repair centers that anyone recommends? Or if taking it to Tesla would be the best option for repairs?

Hoping this doesn't constitute a salvage title (California), and hoping no frame damage. Thank you in advance.

Right_Rear_Passenger.jpg

Attachments

• 0emf2f01cx821.jpg
    0emf2f01cx821.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Right_Rear_Passanger.jpg
    Right_Rear_Passanger.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 44
I live in bay area as well. My model 3 was rear ended as well in a multi car accident. Car needed full trunk, bumper, impact bar and sensors replaced. Cost around 4000. Yours looks very minor bumper damage. I would guess 1500 or less if they really replaced bumper. I got mine fixed at Serviceking in Fremont who is tesla certified. They did a good job on mine.

Hi everyone - as mentioned, Tesla Model 3 got backed up into the rear passenger side today. Currently going through the motions with insurance and filing a claim. Curious to hear how much this might cost, and anything to be conscientious of in the adjuster/claim process.
My white 3MR was backed into at 1 week old in a parking lot. Damage appears to be a bit worse than yours. Thank Dog, the perp did leave his name and contact under the wiper. Tesla says that I must take it to a certified repair center or else risk voiding the warranty in some cases. Still working through insurance carrier but initial estimates are $1000/$2000 in SoCal. Misery loves company.

I'm located in San Jose/Los Gatos area and not sure if there are any third-party certified Tesla repair centers that anyone recommends? Or if taking it to Tesla would be the best option for repairs?

Hoping this doesn't constitute a salvage title (California), and hoping no frame damage. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 366881

Salvage title? You have salvage title if the car is totaled. This car will not be totaled. This is basic and honestly rather trivial bodywork. The repair will show up on Car Fax if the car is taken to a real bodyshop and goes through insurance. This means very small hit to resale value of the car.

Generally speaking anytime they have to paint the car you are looking at minimum $1,000.

In this case you are probably looking at replacement of the bumper cover and the front fender if it cannot be easily repaired. This is probably a repair on the order of $1,500-$2,000 but could be more depending on shop chosen, parts costs, etc.

That looks similar to the damage I had on mine. Exact same spots (just touched both panels right where they joined) about the same amount of paint damage, but my body damage was tiny. My estimate from service king was about $1,779, though insurance paid for it. So I'd say the estimates here are spot on, but yours looks a little worse than mine. You could find lower estimates though. I didn't care since I didn't pay.