Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after checking every few days for software update
and not finding anything, stuck on 2019.32.12.2
Got one tonight strangely it's not 2019.36.2.1
it's 2019.32.12.4
There goes my theory about software updates being frozen if service is scheduled.

Nice 1 congrats!

Congrats to Andrew as well
Got my first referral already! I guess my Model 3 related YouTube channel is paying off. Thanks, Andrew whoever you are!
Hi Cam3ron, I am the referral buyer, I did see your youtube and liked it so used your referral. The whole order process has been a mess, hopefully they will sort out their mess tomorrow.Looking forward to eventually getting the car late Dec.

Yeah sadly that turns out to be the case, seems to be a failed LTE modem. Diagnosed quickly over the phone and remote diagnostics, though, and earliest repair appointment just over a week away. Not too bad if it's actually fixed then...
Day 3 in service today. So, not as quick as one might have hoped. Fingers crossed it's done today!

Loaner model s is an interesting experience by way of comparison. For one, it's too long and doesn't fit in the garage! More seriously, for all the things that do seem an improvement, (opening sunroof, hatchback design, wiper control stalk), it's very hard to see justifying 2x the price.

My 3 "Panther" is having its exterior paint work rectified after September delivery. There was some new 3's having exteriors repaired before delivery as well. I'm really missing Panthers easy drivability and could never go back to a standard ev or ice vehicle layout. The rest of Panther is well put together other than a crack in the timber panel in the dash. Monday morning was my only drive using one pedal driving and it worked well. I am looking forward to trying summon one evening at our local shopping centre.

My 3 "Panther" is having its exterior paint work rectified after September delivery. There was some new 3's having exteriors repaired before delivery as well. I'm really missing Panthers easy drivability and could never go back to a standard ev or ice vehicle layout. The rest of Panther is well put together other than a crack in the timber panel in the dash. Monday morning was my only drive using one pedal driving and it worked well. I am looking forward to trying summon one evening at our local shopping centre.
Hope "Panther" isn't caged for to long
What's wrong with the paint job
Did you get a loan car?

Day 3 in service today. So, not as quick as one might have hoped. Fingers crossed it's done today!

Did you get your car back
Loaner model s is an interesting experience by way of comparison. For one, it's too long and doesn't fit in the garage! More seriously, for all the things that do seem an improvement, (opening sunroof, hatchback design, wiper control stalk), it's very hard to see justifying 2x the price.
Yep model S is very big but they look so dam sexy

Did you get your car back

Nope. Day 4 now. I guess I'm not surprised that they're crushed at the moment after the big delivery push, but still. I can't even get through to local service at all this afternoon. After 3 tries and several long holds, the person I could get (US I think) rather apologetically said that she can't get Akl service to answer, but that she could see that a new computer has been ordered for it. I'm hoping that will mean that we can have the car back while they wait for the part -- managing with no LTE isn't the end of the world -- but only local service could tell me that, and see above.

edit: posting must be good karma, got a call back from service. Sadly the ordered computer info is not correct. Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow, but tbh I've heard that before.

Last edited:
Finally got 2019.36.2.2 -- Yay

Smart summon - check
seems to work quite well
Although I did abort one try as it seemed to be getting rather close to metal hand rail
Once I stopped it and got in car wouldn't go into drive. Pressed brakes multiple times no dice
Got out of the car let it lock and got back in again
Back to normal . I had contemplated reboot but I thought I'd try getting out and back in . I thought it may have still been in summon mode or something.

Power update -- check
Cant say I really notice much difference

One pedal driving -- check
Works well so far takes a bit of a adjustment to get used to judging stopping distance etc.

Cones -- check
Happened to come across some cones on my travels

Automatically chose route to work this morning
Nice

The wait for NoA continues
I guess "coming later this year" never needs to be updated as the there is always another year ...haha

Hope "Panther" isn't caged for to long
What's wrong with the paint job
Did you get a loan car?

The car is black and it will scratch but I would like it to start nice from the beginning. I will pay $300 to have the paint work buffed every year. I'm missing Panther as I have to think more when driving my weekend toy every dayo_O. I try and turn my BMW off with its wiper stick. I hired a car in Coolangatta last week and forgot to put in park a few times as it rolled backwards:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1-11.jpeg
    1-11.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg