Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is black and it will scratch but I would like it to start nice from the beginning. I will pay $300 to have the paint work buffed every year. I'm missing Panther as I have to think more when driving my weekend toy every dayo_O. I try and turn my BMW off with its wiper stick. I hired a car in Coolangatta last week and forgot to put in park a few times as it rolled backwards:rolleyes:
I haven't driven ICE car since I got my M3
I envisage a comedy of errors, entertaining and amusing any bystanders or passengers when I do.:)

Your paint defects, did you spot all at delivery or did you notice later on.

I haven't driven ICE car since I got my M3
I envisage a comedy of errors, entertaining and amusing any bystanders or passengers when I do.:)

Your paint defects, did you spot all at delivery or did you notice later on.

Later on when some paint film was being applied. I never thought to look for paint defects as I've never had too on other vehicles I've ever purchased, Plus at delivery Tesla hurried me out the door as they had other deliveries.

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1382.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 52
Aha very good. I had noticed a number of things that weren't right in our 2018-dated nav data, so hopefully this comes through soon. The nav data update gets notified in the same way?
Yes it works the same way in the car
I did software check in the car and it was there
Software update preference is set to advanced

Noticed the Tesla app didn't have any indication or notification before, during or post the Nav data download/update. Looks like the app only supports software updates not Nav data updates This was on Android.

Last edited:
Thanks Tesla as picked up my 3 today and every paint item has been sorted now I don't want to see Tesla Service until September 2021 to check my brake oil but not the brake pads as they will never be used now my 3 has auto stop without brakes.
That's great news!
September 2021 is probably the only available slot . You'd better book that brake check now while you still can....hahah ;)

Yes it works the same way in the car
I did software check in the car and it was there
Software update preference is set to advanced

Noticed the Tesla app didn't have any indication or notification before, during or post the Nav data download/update. Looks like the app only supports software updates not Nav data updates This was on Android.
Ah yes thanks, mine also came through when I went into the software menu.

I set scheduled charging to be ready to leave by 7:30am weekdays
been using it since Monday or Tuesday works well so far

Plugged in Friday night - charging set to be completed by 7:30am....wot!
I expected it to start charging straight away
Going to be interesting to see what happens over the weekend, especially Sunday night