Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got software update 2019.32.12.1 this morning
NOA, Smart Summon still MIA
Autopilot is way smoother
Drives like a normal person
No longer like impatient teenager

Seen a white model 3 on the motorway this morning. Tesla wave, I wonder how long that will last
Fist time I've had a real good look at one on the road. Looks awesome!!

I got a big friendly Tesla wave from a sweet looking, orange wrapped, Model X in Napier. I then went on to give Tesla waves to Model S and Model 3s and have been snubbed everytime!
Hmm I've had a wave from a grey model S
Had waves from the very few m3's I've seen
Haven't seen any X since I got my car

I haven't seen many Tesla since I got my car
Used to see a few before. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention now I have my own!

I wonder if there is critical mass of m3's
when the Tesla wave stops

I hope it doesn't end, I quite like being in a small club soon to be a giant club!

I was washing my car today and as was down low near the underside below the driver side, I noticed a part that had come off from where it should be attached to. I compared with the other side and that one was attached properly. Dirt and water is bound to get in there, so I thought I better get it looked at by Tesla service. The earliest appointment I could get was November 28th (facepalm). You all might want to check this on yours too.

I was washing my car today and as was down low near the underside below the driver side, I noticed a part that had come off from where it should be attached to. I compared with the other side and that one was attached properly. Dirt and water is bound to get in there, so I thought I better get it looked at by Tesla service. The earliest appointment I could get was November 28th (facepalm). You all might want to check this on yours too.
Thanks I’ll check mine tomorrow

Same deal for me, I didn’t notice charge port door was out of alinement at delivery
Earliest available service, appointment end of November

Thanks I’ll check mine tomorrow

Same deal for me, I didn’t notice charge port door was out of alinement at delivery
Earliest available service, appointment end of November

During my rushed 10 minute delivery, I didn't notice anything major with panel gaps etc. Once I got it home, I saw the rear lights were misaligned by a couple of millimetres - not to worried about that. But this issue on the undercarriage is down really low and not a place I initially thought to look.

Has anyone had any success with getting the roof racks ordered? I contacted service to order them about six weeks ago, and that seemed to be fine, but I was told that the local service advisor would be in touch to confirm ETA. I'm sure it will surprise nobody that I've heard nothing further...

Has anyone had any success with getting the roof racks ordered? I contacted service to order them about six weeks ago, and that seemed to be fine, but I was told that the local service advisor would be in touch to confirm ETA. I'm sure it will surprise nobody that I've heard nothing further...
Sadly I thought Telsa NZ couldn't be as bad responding as what you hear happening for some in the US.

Try opening a service appointment from the Tesla app to fit roof rack
Might get some traction

A follow up on my service issue I posted near the top of this page.

When I first tried to fix myself, I applied a lot of force and it didn't click back into place. I recently had another look at it, and counterintuitively, I decided to just lightly press closer to edge of lip that was detached, and it clicked back in perfectly. So I cancelled my service and will keep an eye out to see if this happens again. Seems a bit cheap for it to be happening to a brand new car, but hey problem solved.

A follow up on my service issue I posted near the top of this page.

When I first tried to fix myself, I applied a lot of force and it didn't click back into place. I recently had another look at it, and counterintuitively, I decided to just lightly press closer to edge of lip that was detached, and it clicked back in perfectly. So I cancelled my service and will keep an eye out to see if this happens again. Seems a bit cheap for it to be happening to a brand new car, but hey problem solved.

Was finally able to check the underside of mine
looked ok, couldn't see anything like your photo
Although I did see a small gap in the same plastic strip behind both front tyres
and the body work.
I fixed it by simply pushing the plastic up to the body work and it clicked into place.