Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Leaked Video [FAKE]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like how the camera is being held by a meth addict.

That's actually a pretty good tell-tale that it's fake. They most likely filmed the empty spot on a tripod to minimize the amount of "tracking" they have to do on the footage to match the model to. Then once they superimpose the model, they add a "camera shake" effect to it. But in this case, they really didn't make an effort to vary the amount/degree of shake.

That's actually a pretty good tell-tale that it's fake. They most likely filmed the empty spot on a tripod to minimize the amount of "tracking" they have to do on the footage to match the model to. Then once they superimpose the model, they add a "camera shake" effect to it. But in this case, they really didn't make an effort to vary the amount/degree of shake.

This was my first thought as well. The shake is too "regular" - it's like a shake reduction filter in reverse so to speak. Poorly done.

Found the original photo for the front end. Reflections are identical.

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.37.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.33.28 AM.png

Last edited:
That is horrible. The shakiness of the video seems so obligatory and forced. This would get laughed out of any graphics studio I've ever worked in. Sad that some people are trying to pass this stuff off as authentic. Some people are actually going to believe it.

At least they paid homage to the correct designer from Mazda!

paid homage to the correct designer from Mazda!

That ore the makers of the video were just going through images of smaller cars that they could i intermingle with the tell-tale Model S front and they stumbled upon Franz's design and "it just seemed to go good together". There's a lot of subliminal common design language between Tesla Model S and Mazda I've noticed.

That ore the makers of the video were just going through images of smaller cars that they could i intermingle with the tell-tale Model S front and they stumbled upon Franz's design and "it just seemed to go good together". There's a lot of subliminal common design language between Tesla Model S and Mazda I've noticed.

I couldn't agree more. I wasn't always a fan of the Mazda lineup, but as I've lived with my S I've seen the styles line up quite a few times and now have a big appreciation for their cars.

Nicely done! Now that you see it, where's that tree reflected in the hood? 200 feet away??? Nope, it's in a different picture.

I've added [FAKE] to the thread title so people aren't misled.

For what it's worth, the [FAKE] does not show up in the main thread view in the "News" subforum, which is where I just found this thread. I can see the [FAKE] in the subject on the first post once I select the thread, but not when viewing a list of threads.

On another note, comparing the picture to the video, I wonder why whomever made the video would have altered the picture to make it look less like a Tesla. The door handles are different, and less Tesla like, the front grill area was blacked out, and the passenger side mirror was de-chromed. It was also unfolded, while the driver's side mirror, like the one in the original, appears folded. Strange.