Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Production Hits Estimated 125,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon it should increase by 1,000 every day.

As of November 19, 2018, Bloomberg’s Tesla Model 3 Tracker indicates estimated cumulative production of the Tesla Model 3 at 125,323.

Because the tool is based on estimated production rates in a particular quarter (production for previous quarters were officially announced) there is always the uncertainty of up to a few thousand.

The current production rate is estimated at 4,344 per week, but again – we don’t know if that’s exactly accurate either. There is a chance that Tesla is above 5,000 now as by the end of this month the automaker hopes for 7,000 per week.

Compared to 181,207 registered VIN numbers, around 56,000 VIN numbers (11 weeks of 5,000/week worth of production) are ready for use.

Production and deliveries of Model 3 in previous quarters thus far:

2017’Q3 – 260 produced, and 222 delivered

2017’Q4 – 2,425 produced and 1,542 delivered

2018’Q1 – 9,766 produced and 8,182 delivered

2018’Q2 – 28,578 produced and 18,449 delivered

2018’Q3 – 53,239 produced and 56,065 delivered

2018’Q4 – already 31,055 produced (estimated)

111-20.png
Source: Tesla Model 3 Tracker

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if that new estimate of production includes car tags, spoilers and alloy pedals? Still waiting for mine. Wish they would focus more on catching up with the back-orders of these parts for existing Tesla 3 owners rather than building new ones.

I wonder if that new estimate of production includes car tags, spoilers and alloy pedals? Still waiting for mine. Wish they would focus more on catching up with the back-orders of these parts for existing Tesla 3 owners rather than building new ones.

But I bet 100% of the people hoping to purchase a car before the end of the year care more about getting a car and giving Tesla money that Tesla cares more about.

car tags, spoilers and alloy pedals? Just jewelry for your car.

Jewelry that I paid for and did not receive. As with any product when I pay for it the expectation is that I would get it or refund me what I paid if you don't have it. Then when you do have it I can decide whether I want it or not and pay for it accordindly. There was no communication on the website when we purchased. We know because our owner/advisor responded when we inquired "yea they are trying to fix that on the website so it warns people ahead of time." Owner/advisor still has no idea when they are coming. Tesla corporate only tells them that they are on backorder.