Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Sentry Mode and camera- remote access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As Engineer my self i believe the API's are there for Tesla. Once they actually upgrade their own internal network of CORE O/S suite which im told is in the works, the possibilities are limitless. Right now, the bottleneck is really not the car, but the Core O/S that Tesla uses. Once that is updated i believe Tesla will make this happen built in natively.

I have a few friends that left my company to work for them, and this is where i got my information from. I just picked up my Model 3 after trading in my P90 S for it and even the rep told me that they were in the proccess of changing their core sytems over to a new designed and developed O/S for engineers and overall core functional teams world wide. I can see this coming maybe even for V11. My buddy told me they are working on some cool new stuff coming soon. Let's see what happens!

• Helpful
Reactions: Bblsttx
One hopes in an upcoming release, Tesla incorporates access via the Tesla app to the videos stored on the USB device, since the car has all the cell, and wifi access needed and the Tesla app already supports many secured functions for the car. Since the Tesla in car system is supposedly written in Linux it should be something they can build soon. We all need to keep bugging Tesla about it.

One hopes in an upcoming release, Tesla incorporates access via the Tesla app to the videos stored on the USB device, since the car has all the cell, and wifi access needed and the Tesla app already supports many secured functions for the car. Since the Tesla in car system is supposedly written in Linux it should be something they can build soon. We all need to keep bugging Tesla about it.

0% chance of that.

That's a lot of bandwidth Tesla would be paying for.

Elon already said that ain't happening- though he said sending a "still" picture of whatever triggered the sentry alert might be doable.

As Engineer my self i believe the API's are there for Tesla. Once they actually upgrade their own internal network of CORE O/S suite which im told is in the works, the possibilities are limitless. Right now, the bottleneck is really not the car, but the Core O/S that Tesla uses. Once that is updated i believe Tesla will make this happen built in natively.

I have a few friends that left my company to work for them, and this is where i got my information from. I just picked up my Model 3 after trading in my P90 S for it and even the rep told me that they were in the proccess of changing their core sytems over to a new designed and developed O/S for engineers and overall core functional teams world wide. I can see this coming maybe even for V11. My buddy told me they are working on some cool new stuff coming soon. Let's see what happens!
I hope you are right, and I also was a software engineer in my previous life - prior to retirement. I would think its just a matter of prioritizing what new goodies are to be introduced in each release and of course testing it enough. I do notice Sentry mode in general needs to have an adjustment as to its sensitivity, as it records way too much light flickers, and what not. I have multiple security camera systems at our home, and all have some form of sensitivity adjustment, so I hope that is also coming.