Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 : Should I be suspicious about this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2019 Tesla Model 3 AWD-LR brand new from Tesla in September. I got it partially wrapped about a week after taking possession of the vehicle. (Most of the front of the vehicle, rocker panels and rear bumper + mudguards)

I started to notice, maybe a few months ago, some weird brown specks appearing around the fenders of my car. At first I assumed it was dirt, but I spent additional time getting it car washed, and hand cleaned without any changes. I don't feel any indent when touching it with my fingers/nails. I wanted to get your opinion before bringing it up to Tesla.

I'm no expert, but I feel like it might be rust? I would be extremely surprised to believe that it is damage on my paint since every single fender has it?

Attachments

• Fender1.jpg
    Fender1.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 128
  • fender2.jpg
    fender2.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 105
  • fender3.jpg
    fender3.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 104
  • fender4.jpg
    fender4.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 96
  • fender5.jpg
    fender5.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 103
  • fender6.jpg
    fender6.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 103
Sometimes called rail dust too. Easy to remove with a clay bar or cloth. I used a clay cloth on a few spots and removal was easy.

if they are under the PPF, that’s a different story and the wrap would need to come off to remove them.

Reactions: MP3Mike