Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspicious influx of Demo Model S/X in new inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldnt get to excited. My thought is they dont want demo vehicles with ton of miles on them so I'm guessing selling and getting new ones in for demos. I mean that what I'd do. I literally have no idea just wouldn't read too much into it.

I did hear Rumor the 24's will get range boost to 500 Miles, FSD12, 0-60 in 1.8 s. front bumper camera, 360 view. (Hmm what else can I make up.) oh wait I wasn't supposed to say that out loud.
They will be powered by a flux capacitor.

I started going down this path a bit further.

The total number of demo Model S/X units released in US/Canada is probably 300-500. That's barely a dent in the grand scheme of things. They should be focusing on the M3/MY instead or specifically getting the M3 highland to more customer.

I know I'm pushing the wishful thinking.
But I didn't remember seeing this in the previous quarter. It would have happened in early Aug since this is happening in early Nov?
Beyond demo units, all of S/X entire production is a rounding error to 3/Y production. Even though the production is small, it obviously makes sense to clear out '23 models at the end of '23. Tesla does this every year.

There were big discounts (like 9K) on demo's last quarter. I'm surprised you don't remember that. Then the big price reduction on Sept 1 lowered the discounts.

EDIT: It looks like overnight the demo's in my area got an increase to the prior discount by an additional $500-700.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsxdsm and Chuckled
It’s not that deep people. They do this every quarter.

Historically they didn’t have many S/X demo cars available (or any at all). They usually don’t even have all versions of 3/Y available to demo. Maybe they have a bunch of extra S/X built up from slowing demand and used them as demos so now they have to get rid of them.

Reactions: gsxdsm and Maaz
Probably worth noting in this thread that Tesla says they are holding any further changes this year. User @reddogva99 posted in another thread yesterday the response below to his request for an order hold.

“Hello, we can place your account on a one time 14 day hold. Once this hold expires your account will match to the next available vehicle. We cannot guarantee that this would be a 2024 model year as we typically do not start producing these until the last week or two of December and they often don't arrive until 2024. Please also keep in mind that these cars will be 100% identical as Tesla does not change features with model year. If you would like to place your account on hold please let us know. As a side note, we will not be able to provide an estimated window of when the next vehicle would be available until the account is eligible to match again.”

Now,I don't think the soft claim of "typically" not producing 2024's until the last two weeks of December is historically accurate, but they are outright claiming that the early 2024's will be 100% identical. That strong claim probably carries some liability for Tesla if they were to violate it. I may be wrong, but I don't think they are changing anything soon. Still, there may be some resale value benefit to short-term buyers to wait for a car with a 2024 on it, but long-term holders probably won't see much advantage.

Reactions: aerodyne
Probably worth noting in this thread that Tesla says they are holding any further changes this year. User @reddogva99 posted in another thread yesterday the response below to his request for an order hold.

“Hello, we can place your account on a one time 14 day hold. Once this hold expires your account will match to the next available vehicle. We cannot guarantee that this would be a 2024 model year as we typically do not start producing these until the last week or two of December and they often don't arrive until 2024. Please also keep in mind that these cars will be 100% identical as Tesla does not change features with model year. If you would like to place your account on hold please let us know. As a side note, we will not be able to provide an estimated window of when the next vehicle would be available until the account is eligible to match again.”

Now,I don't think the soft claim of "typically" not producing 2024's until the last two weeks of December is historically accurate, but they are outright claiming that the early 2024's will be 100% identical. That strong claim probably carries some liability for Tesla if they were to violate it. I may be wrong, but I don't think they are changing anything soon. Still, there may be some resale value benefit to short-term buyers to wait for a car with a 2024 on it, but long-term holders probably won't see much advantage.
Well that is probably a silly statement to make. And I suspect few at Tesla actually know anything about future product. Of course I suppose it is possible that they make any changes on a date just before the model year change - like they did with the new paint SG - and then 2023 and 2024 would be 100% identical. Although they should have used more ambiguous language.

Here in Canada they are dropping the inventory prices by $10 a day. I've been noticing this since last 3-4 days. Took screenshots of yesterday and today.

Guess I'll buy it in 9705 days when the price drops to 0 😂

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231117-071930_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231117-071930_Samsung Internet.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 35
  • SmartSelect_20231116-202237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231116-202237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 24

Personally, if someone at Tesla said to me "keep in mind that these cars will be 100% identical as Tesla does not change feature with model year", I would not trust anything else they said without confirmation. As another user previously mentioned, the people who work in the Tesla stores are not made aware of upcoming changes, There's nothing wrong with not having an answer because you haven't been given the information. Making something up because you feel that you always have to have an answer, however, is not a good thing.

Reactions: msm859 and aerodyne
This is hilarious. I don't understand what Tesla is trying to do but I get a good laugh when I see the $10 price decrease every day / evening.

This is my last post about this. I don't want to annoy you guys 😅

inventory_price_reduce.PNG

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: byeLT4