Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla model 3 spotify artwork not loading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything was working as expected until last week when my Tesla model 3 stopped displaying Spotify artwork. There was no system updates in between and I rebooted it several time but no help.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

Try changing the language via display. Go to display I think it is 7th down the left on the screen. Remember to count seven? because when you do two button reset it will be in a different language. change language to something like dutch then reset and then change back to British/english.

Which software version are you on? When my car upgraded to 2023.12.1 last week, Spotify started acting up more than usual. It takes a very long time to load at all now (around 3-4 minutes yesterday). I read somewhere that they changed it to a web-based player rather than a native app, though I'm not sure if that was actually confirmed or just a datamine for a later version.

My art working is working fine however since the last update the audio from Spotify is horrible, its all distorted and I'm unable to listern to anything via Spotify now. Radio works as does Tunein so its can't be an issue with my speakers or Premium Connectivatiy?

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm on software 2023.12.1

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm on software 2023.12.1
Have you tried a two-button reboot? Audio quality is fine on mine since the upgrade to that version, when Spotify works at all, that is.

I was really impressed with the Spotify implementation when I first got my car. It worked flawlessly for months, until a software update relatively recently. It used to continue with the same song/playlist I was listening to either in the house or on my phone or any device on the same Spotify account. It would start as soon as I opened the door on the car & just keep playing with no issues.

Some time relatively recently it stopped being in sync with other devices at all. It still (usually) plays when getting in the car, but only ever finishes the current song it's on, then stops, requiring selection of a new playlist. Playlist updates etc still get to the car, so it's definitely still logged in with the correct account. It just seems to behave completely independently instead of being properly integrated.

First world problem, I guess, but annoying nonetheless.

Reactions: Forcefire
Try changing the language via display. Go to display I think it is 7th down the left on the screen. Remember to count seven? because when you do two button reset it will be in a different language. change language to something like dutch then reset and then change back to British/english.
Tried but didn’t work.

I realise I am not getting artwork in Caraoke as well so it is generic issue not just for Spotify

Which software version are you on? When my car upgraded to 2023.12.1 last week, Spotify started acting up more than usual. It takes a very long time to load at all now (around 3-4 minutes yesterday). I read somewhere that they changed it to a web-based player rather than a native app, though I'm not sure if that was actually confirmed or just a datamine for a later version.

2 button reboot? Sorry I'm still learning all the tips and tricks of a Tesla, lol

Hold both steering wheel scroll wheels down until the screen reboots. It's just a reboot of the system, but sometimes fixes a thing or two.

I think last option I have now to try Factory Reset.

Has anyone tried it. Will I get back my all the settings and playlists once I sign back after reset?

You'll get the Spotify playlists etc back if you are signed into your own account you pay for separately but if you're using the account you get for free with the car, I suspect you'll lose any settings or playlists (along with any other car settings).

I'm glad this isn't just me to notice Spotify taking an age to do anything. But radio sometimes takes ages to load as well and sometimes it won't load up at all which I can't explain as that's not web based (not a bad signal area, never had this issue before), wife also reported the screen was laggy, soft reset tried, no difference. Has anyone else experienced the radio not working?

Has anyone else experienced the radio not working?
I have a couple of times, but I very rarely use the radio. I found that switching to a different station & back tends to fix that problem. The only time I use the radio is if Spotify completely fails to work though, so the issue could be more of a general infotainment problem rather than one or the other.