Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SXM Radio Channel Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model S 100 - SXM updated channels several months ago and a number of channels changed locations. One as an example is the Escape which was previously on Channel 69 but was moved to Channel 149. My Model S still shows the artwork for Escape on channel 69 but plays the Broadway channel music. If you try and tune channel 149 there is no such channel. I’ve worked with SXM Tech Support and they’ve tried multiple update cycles, disconnecting and reconnecting the radio and nothing corrects the problem. It’s clearly a Tesla software problem as it relates to their SXM load. I’ve tried making an appointment with service and every time I define the problem they tell me it’s SXM’s problem. How do I get their attention so they will elevate the problem with Tesla to get them to update their software.

Reactions: JAlbury825
This issue has been going on for years. True, service can't do anything, but unless they document the issue and it reaches the programmers at Tesla, nothing will be done. Earlier this year, I had a channel that had been deleted for nearly a year still on my SXM guides, and the SXM lineup changes earlier this year weren't displayed by Tesla. It is a Tesla problem. SiriusXM has not been correctly working on my 2020 S since I got it. The Favorites are never correct, or don't show at all. You just try to figure out how to access the channels you listen to. It is just Tesla crappy programming.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAlbury825
I agree. SiriusXM hasn't worked since I upgraded to MCU2 back in April 2023 (2014 Model S 60). I've been using TuneIn and so far I like it, but I miss channels like "Escape".

If I have any luck resurrecting my SiriusXM app in my car, I'll post my solution here.