Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 SR+ 2022 Sound System upgrade - Possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
i wanna upgrade my Tesla SR+ 2022 to the same sound system as LR
i read somewhere that its cant be done if the CPU is AMD. its true?

its possible to upgrade to the same sound system as LR?
tesla may remove the car warranty if i do that?

The issue is that the sub amp uses a digital signal that just isn't present on an SR+. It can still be made to work by tapping into the analog signals with a more traditional amp. You will need to add speakers to the rear shelf since they are no longer there, and a sub. In the end I decided to just upgrade the speakers that were already present and playing, the dash mids with Infinity Ref4032 and the door woofers with Focal ISU 200. The other audio improvement was having Tidal in "hifi". It is CD quality and much better than the other streaming. I'm happy now.

Not through Tesla, it's not possible.
I've asked several times.
And I was told that installing something might void one of the warranties. So, I'm personally going to leave it alone, even though I'm somewhat of an Audiophile.
It sucks, but it most DEFINITELY was not worth an extra $7000.00, in my opinion. (I know you get more than just the sound system, like range. But I don't care about range)

Photos of a user who dismantled some elements of his TM3-P 2022 received last week show that:
- the 2 door tweeters are present (not activated)
- the 2 HP imaging medium (at the top of the door pillars) are present (not activated)
- in the center of the dashboard, the tweeter is missing which was parallel to the midrange loudspeaker (the midrange loudspeaker is present and works).
Still missing information related to the ECU connector map which most likely must have changed as Hansshow and evoffer indicate that the 2021 kits are not compatible with the 2022 Rysen.

Photos of a user who dismantled some elements of his TM3-P 2022 received last week show that:
- the 2 HP imaging medium (at the top of the door pillars) are present (not activated)
- in the center of the dashboard, the tweeter is missing which was parallel to the midrange loudspeaker (the midrange loudspeaker is present and works).
Still missing information related to the ECU connector map which most likely must have changed as Hansshow and evoffer indicate that the 2021 kits are not compatible with the 2022 Rysen.

Interesting.
Of course, it's probably one of those things where if you "activate" them, it will void the warranty, or something of the sort.
I'd be to check the fine prints of all the manuals, etc.

Interesting.
Of course, it's probably one of those things where if you "activate" them, it will void the warranty, or something of the sort.
I'd be to check the fine prints of all the manuals, etc.
Yes, the amplifier being integrated into the ECU, in the event of a problem Tesla can refuse to apply the warranty.
Tesla takes advantage of the situation because for an electronics engineer it is easy to check whether the output transistors of the amplifier are destroyed or not with a possible consequence on the ECU.
In the event of an ECU problem, the audio upgrade must therefore be removed before entrusting the car to the Tesla Center.

It is regrettable that Tesla does not offer the audio upgrade as an option but above all that it prohibits upgrading while this license on all other brands has been carried out since cars have existed!

Furthermore, I advise not to use a simple harness to activate the 4 front speakers but to use an amplifier so as not to increase the load on the OEM amplifier.

I put in the Infinity 4032 that have a tweeter integrated into the design. No need for the door/pillar tweeters in my view, and those also create the immersion effect that I dislike. I want a natural soundstage, not one like with headphones. My 2021 also had the center tweeter although I don't know if it is connected but I always assumed it was. I thought about disconnecting it when I did the Infinitys but decided not to and just left it. I also replaced the door woofers with the Focal ISU-200. I find it sounds better than the stock system in my SR+ but far from perfect. In any case I was blasting 60s hits today from Tidal. Lots of Zep, Beach Boys, Stones etc...

I put in the Infinity 4032 that have a tweeter integrated into the design. No need for the door/pillar tweeters in my view, and those also create the immersion effect that I dislike. I want a natural soundstage, not one like with headphones. My 2021 also had the center tweeter although I don't know if it is connected but I always assumed it was. I thought about disconnecting it when I did the Infinitys but decided not to and just left it. I also replaced the door woofers with the Focal ISU-200. I find it sounds better than the stock system in my SR+ but far from perfect. In any case I was blasting 60s hits today from Tidal. Lots of Zep, Beach Boys, Stones etc...
I’m thinking about doing the infinity 4032’s. Are they drop in? Or do I need some kind of spacers? If so, any links? TIA

Yes. The frequency curve shows that the weak point of the SR+/Model3 shows a hole between 100 and 200 Hz which can be filled by this type of sbwoofer.
There is a dedicated topic

[/QUOTE]
No need for the door/pillar tweeters in my view, and those also create the immersion effect that I dislike. I want a natural soundstage, not one like with headphones.
To apply your principle and have a natural sound scene (concert type) you have to leave only the front door speakers (woofer + tweeter).
I often go to concerts and I've never heard sound coming from the back ... except for the Pink Floyd concert in Versailles in 1988 with quadraphonic sound!😀

I’m thinking about doing the infinity 4032’s. Are they drop in? Or do I need some kind of spacers? If so, any links? TIA
They need brackets that come from either Audioliphe.com or ampedgarage.com. They will also need a wire harness which both make as well. I used the AmpedGarage ones as they were available at that point in time. It isn't exactly a high volume business and they run small batches on a 3D printer.

Reactions: Jpz916
To apply your principle and have a natural sound scene (concert type) you have to leave only the front door speakers (woofer + tweeter).
I often go to concerts and I've never heard sound coming from the back ... except for the Pink Floyd concert in Versailles in 1988 with quadraphonic sound!😀
[/QUOTE]
No, you can have the speakers in front of you in the dash. And the response of the door speakers wouldn't fill the full range and leave a big hole in the middle. It's not like I'm expecting a real concert experience, I just don't like the immersive sound that is built into the full system, but wasn't present in the SR+ anyway. I didn't see any point in trying to replicate something I didn't like. I have the rear door speakers on but unless I put the slider all the way towards the back I don't hear them although now that I say that I don't think I've ever heard my car with them off completely. I've had 5.1 sound at home from the early days, tried a few DVD-As recorded with surround and never felt the need to buy any more. It sounds fake to me. And one of the DVD-As that I have? DSOTM in the quad Alan Parsons version that was floating around the net as a bootleg! It took a week to download it all in the days of slow connections.

Awesome picture! Could you elaborate more on what you mean by certain speakers “ are present , but not activated “ is that because of the removal of that center adjacent tweeter they removed ? Trying to get a sense of this new audio setup is even noticeable or if it sounds just as good if not potentially better then the past 14 plus one combo , Tesla claims the removal of that “ redundant “ tweeter proved no enhanced sound and allows for better audio down the line ! Curious your thoughts or what you or anyone has heard!! Thank you so much