Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus now gets Streaming, Satellite Maps, and Web?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a massive blocker for me - a £40k car with BT and a radio only is frankly a joke in 2019. The streaming options should be there even if SR+ owners have to pay from day 1.

Typical Tesla FOMO and over complicated model differentiation.

This is a massive blocker for me - a £40k car with BT and a radio only is frankly a joke in 2019. The streaming options should be there even if SR+ owners have to pay from day 1.

Typical Tesla FOMO and over complicated model differentiation.
Most other competitors don't offer much more without an upgrade. Maybe a free trial of satellite radio after which you need to pay for it, or maybe android auto or apple car play.

I dug up all the things that made me super excited that they were finally allowing us PLUS users to use the features they told everyone in there press release.

Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time. Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.
Source: An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup

Damn that sums up the Tesla experience in so many ways....

Yes,
Really hope they let us pay a prem for prem connectivity with streaming audio and maps :/ hell even the web browser please!!!!

At least we know now that connectivity (internet, radio, maps) are entirely possible (as some of the SR+ owners do have that for a period of time) and it is up to Tesla now to sort things out and set up a subscription plan. Probably that won't be any priority now but it will come.......