Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3/Y HUD Full LED Digital Screen Instrument Cluster Plug N Play.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking forward to seeing what their V2 offering has in store as well. I know this isn't everyone's "cup-o-tea" but I am really used to having vital information right in front of me, and this looks like a very clean way to achieve that. My wife will not drive the MY, primarily because she doesn't like having to look to the side to see that information. If there was a "clean" HUD on offer, I'd probably go that route instead, but sadly that is not the case.

I had a VIZR in my last car. That's a small shelf with a flip up mirror and you put your phone on the shelf and the mirror would reflect the data for the HUD. I then discovered that most of the time, simply putting the phone on the dashboard would work, as the image on the screen would reflect off the windshied very well at night, fairly well during the day, There is an app called "HUD Widgets" and another called "Hudway Go," the latter being the navigation system for the HUD.

I thought that the VIZR cluttered up the dashboard a bit, and if I were to get another one for my MY, I would take off the foam tape, and use some Scotch Command Strips so it would not be a permanent fixture. It worked well, and frankly I only used it when I was on the highway for a long trip. Using just the phone on the dash was something I used more often for local trips.

These are much cheaper alternatives, but the HUD Widgets worked pretty well.

As above it stated PRIVATE and could NOT be watched after initially posted; even after multiple multiple browsers and attempts.

Working now it seems. It’s past 6 am and I need to get to work in 2 hours so will check tomorrow instead now.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight:

It is not a heads up display at all. It is a touch screen (in addition to the 15" touchscreen sitting just to the right of it). If placed in a binnacle position, it would require you to reach through or around the steering wheel to operate.

Finally, again, it is NOT A HUD.

This is completely useless except as a "project".

So let me get this straight:

It is not a heads up display at all. It is a touch screen (in addition to the 15" touchscreen sitting just to the right of it). If placed in a binnacle position, it would require you to reach through or around the steering wheel to operate.

Finally, again, it is NOT A HUD.

This is completely useless except as a "project".
Good point about accessing it. While I suppose it could be useful, it does seem like overkill when you could have an inexpensive version that just displayed certain data (i.e., locked in) since I wouldn't think most people would be accessing it while driving.

Reactions: Ldub22 and StarLog
I am confused about how this works. It uses the can bus to work in addition to the center display? How does Carplay work in this case, Carplay connects to the center console then it forwards info to the main display/audio? This looks really promising but i am confused on how it works plus all the videos show it on a workbench vs in the car actually working??