Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S: Still the best car in the world? (CNET On Cars, Episode 46)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall the piece is fair thought he reviewer should have explained the pricing starting with the base model and then going up. Most viewers of that piece won't understand that you can get a base S after Federal rebate for tens of thousands less than the price of the P85+ shown in the video.

There were multiple factual errors in the piece. The ones it can recall are:

The model tested was described as a "2015" for some reason. Wrong.

The charging amperage for the HPWC was shown as 40A when it should have been 80A. Got the charge time right though.

Reviewer said there is no turn by turn nav without the tech package. I thought there was but it would only be displayed on the center screen, not the driver display. But I could be incorrect about that.

Seems like there were a few other details wrong but can't recall exactly. Yes overall fairly done, I just wish the base pricing had been explained.

I disagree with his conclusion as to whether or not the Model S is going to radically change the future of automobiles: it already has.

CNET Reviews Tesla Model S

CNET reviews the Tesla Model S:

2014 Tesla Model S review - CNET

Making it an "Editor's Choice" and includes a video review by Brian Cooley.

A bonus is that folks can add User Reviews, just like one might for a printer or any other gizmo.

Anyone on TMC care to chime in on the CNET web site with their Tesla review? I wonder what the Average User Rating will be...

Last edited: