Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X in the Movies and TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was rather tired after a long day on the forums :p

I watched it tonight it was another 2 hour show, and as far as I saw... No MX. The characters that would be driving that car have been rather stationary for the whole 2 hours... There was a bunch of really nice S shots, but I didn't want to clog down the other thread with more of the same, the only fun/interesting bits were when one of the bad guys was like: hold on let me pull over I think a connector has come loose (or some such) then goes to the front of the car and as he opens the frunk one of the guys says: the connectors (or whatever words he used) are in the back not the front. So the bad guy leans into the fully visible frunk and pulls out a shotgun.

Thought it was really a great idea :)

Oh and there was a electric B class in the show, the i8, some three wheeled motor cycles (don't know if they were supposed to be electric or not, and well as some other fun tidbits.

But no, no MX... Sorry guys :(

Don't worry Chicken...I clogged it up for you with about 6 shots of what you were describing. Did you notice the retractable push-bar on the Sheriff's car? Some shots its there, some it's not.

So, I hope that choosing autopilot (Self-Driving) on my X (once it's released) Doesn't make it look like a dinosaur. But that wouldn't stop me from getting it as an option. :)
X-dino.png

So, I hope that choosing autopilot (Self-Driving) on my X (once it's released) Doesn't make it look like a dinosaur. But that wouldn't stop me from getting it as an option. :)
View attachment 58305

A camera system which I believe Tesla will be using would not need to be mounted externally in that way. It would likely be a multi-camera system... Which I believe can be accomplished with four really well placed cameras. Which aside from the forward facing camera would also be functional as your side mirrors and your backup camera. Hopefully that wouldn't create a blind spot but if I were doing a camera system that is how I would go about it. Meaning your front camera would go behind the rearview mirror.

Just my two cents...

Anyone notice the Model X on the boys toys program on the wealth channel. During the program they showed a number of expensive "toys" and then rated them. The Tesla came in 2nd, outscored only by a submarine. This may be an old program but it is the first time I've seen it.

Nothing tonight. The same pretty blue MS and two new cars tonight I don't know what the brown was but I think the main bad guy Yasamoto was driving a Roll's which looked pretty good.The dad doesn't move around a lot in his own vehicle which is why there is no new shots of the X. Maybe next week, based on the plot he might do some driving... We shall see.

The Rolls sound was similar to that of the MS as it approached in the garage. Must be a future Rolls EV :cool:

Actually, Rolls Royce already has an (experimental) all electric Phantom that's making the rounds. Here is a video of Robert Llewellyn of FullyCharged (or some of you may know him as Kryten on Red Dwarf) driving it. The first part is about two guys making a long distance run in a Tesla Roadster, the part with the Rolls Royce starts at 4:20.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Rolls Royce already has an (experimental) all electric Phantom that's making the rounds. Here is a video of Robert Llewellyn of FullyCharged (or some of you may know him as Kryten on Red Dwarf) driving it. The first part is about two guys making a long distance run in a Tesla Roadster, the part with the Rolls Royce starts at 4:20.

Wow, was a good choice for the show then! Especially for some super rich guy who you would expect to drive this type of car... really really long front haha!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW for those interested this was the stats of that car:

Each motor is power rated to 145kW, giving Phantom EE a maximum power output of 290kW and torque of 800Nm available over a wide band. This compares with 338kW for standard Phantom with maximum torque of 720Nm, delivered at 3,500rpm.
The Nickel Cobalt Manganese battery chemistry holds around 230Wh/kg,a high energy density which is important in achieving an acceptable range between re-charges. Pre-launch tests suggests Phantom EE should run to a range of up to 200km. Delivered on an effortless wave of torque, 0-60mph will be achieved in under eight seconds (5.7 seconds in standard Phantom), with top speed limited to 160kph.

I really hope they continue to pursue this!

Watching the US Open on TV yesterday showed Djokovich arriving in a Tesla, The first clue was him getting his gear bag out of the Frunk and slamming it closed one handed (ouch). Next the door handles. Commentators said "Nice Car". No mention of Tesla, not sure they knew what it was. Fitting that the World's Number one Tennis Player should arrive in the world's best car.

What kind of car is this (Extant Episode 10, Season 1, 07:20 into the show). It looks like a Model S with a modified rear end, but is probably just some other American car

The car shown has an exhaust pipe. ICE.

Update: as was pointed out by @felixtb it is an Aston Martin Rapide which has a huge V12 engine. It gets 13mpg city / 19mpg highway. What a gas hog.

Last edited:
Cool. Tried to google some pictures of this, but all I found out was his dog is called Tesla! Funny. Maybe has to do with him coming from Serbia like Nikola Tesla.

Watching the US Open on TV yesterday showed Djokovich arriving in a Tesla, The first clue was him getting his gear bag out of the Frunk and slamming it closed one handed (ouch). Next the door handles. Commentators said "Nice Car". No mention of Tesla, not sure they knew what it was. Fitting that the World's Number one Tennis Player should arrive in the world's best car.