Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X in the Movies and TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't get the impression that car was a Tesla. I don't have the episode anymore (I deleted it) in order to scan for more queues.

Look here at the shot of the X inside from the first episode. I am thinking this might be another i3 maybe? Anyone else any idea what that car is?
View attachment 53360

Those headrests are the same as the ones that were last seen on the driveable white X prototype.

- - - Updated - - -

All these shots are just teasers for those of us waiting. Killing me!

Those headrests are the same as the ones that were last seen on the driveable white X prototype.

- - - Updated - - -

All these shots are just teasers for those of us waiting. Killing me!

haha, sorry Bonnie! I know you want your X! I will be here soon enough!

To clarify, I wasn't questioning the picture I posted, that was clearly all the Model X, I was using it to contrast against the other photo shown to indicate why I didn't think it was a Model X, but rather some other car. Reading back over my post I can see why that would be confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Clever choice of shows for Tesla product placements, if that's what it is. This is certainly enough to get me to start watching the show. Imagine the impact of having Teslas in future-oriented Spielberg films!!! :love:

And some of the scenes are probably shot in studios with props rather than in actual cars.........

I don't believe it is product placement in the traditional sense, where Tesla is paying money to get them to put the car in the show. One, the shows that have a car so prominently featured tend to have that whole "this show was made possible in part by..." or "This show was sponsored by..." and in many cases they will even have a commercial for the product during one of the breaks. On top of that outside of showing the car in the scenes noone is pulling your attention to the car to be like... "hey! Look here! This is an awesome car! check out what it can do!"

I honestly think they wanted to have a futuristic show with futuristic cars, and Spielberg just wanted to use the only futuristic looking cars on the market :) It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Spielberg owns a Model S along with quite a few of the prominent cast members. Some of the cars might even be cast and crew vehicles... just saying.

Amanda Tapping, alumnus of 'Stargate SG-1' and 'SANCTUARY' Sci-Fi television shows, is producing a show called 'CONTINUUM', which just completed its third season. She drives a Tesla Model S. On this show a time traveler who has used his knowledge of the past to build a personal fortune drives a Fisker Karma. The young genius, who is destined to be the de facto ruler of a technological empire in the future, drives a Tesla Model S.

Sony Pictures, previously Columbia Pictures, has a studio that isn't that far away from the Tesla Motors Design Center in Hawthorne. It's just a short trip across the 105 FWY, then North on the 405 to Culver City/Fox Hills. So these could easily be loaners from Tesla Motors, or personal cars used on the set of 'EXTANT'.

I don't think the 'Promotional Consideration Provided By...' blurb appears in the credits on any of the shows where Tesla vehicles have been shown so far... Others I know of have been 'ALMOST HUMAN' and 'SUITS', but that may not be all.

Yeah, I suggest you go check out the Model S in TV and Movies thread for a more complete list. But this show has to be the most prominent and show off of anything I have seen on both the S and X.

Prior to this the closest would have to be House of Lies.

But it is a good point. They could have gotten loaners from Tesla for some of this. I mean clearly they got the X on loan, so why not others?

Earlier this year, I went to Hawthorne to check out the Model X prototype and it wasn't there. The person inside said it went to the Detroit auto show, which we obviously know it didn't. It must have been at a studio, and this now explains the Culver City sighting.

One more picture from Extant 1x05. Probably the best shot of the prototype in show (from the outside) so far. Not much to see on the inside.

Extant_105_ModelX.JPG

Yeah, thanks for that one. Every time I've seen a Model X (2 prototypes) in person, the falcon doors are always both open the whole time. Displaying it w open doors makes a certain statement, to be sure, but doors closed makes an even better one:
"this is a beautiful car!" ML

Hope that weird pimple thing on the top edge of the windscreen is just there for the TV show.

Far as I can tell all the cars in the show seem to have them. I think it is supposed to be the "autopilot" feature which every car also seems to have that as well. I know the X and the i3 does and based on a conversation whatever car her dead boyfriend was driving had it too.

I can only assume this is supposed to be the highly refined version of what the future of a radar system like Google uses would look like. Just a guess though...