Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y, Dancing Hood.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last weekend I my MY was in the garage and I was inside the house and the Tesla app push messaged me that the frunk had been left open. I went into garage and looked and it was closed for sure. I popped the hood and re-latched it and did not get any further messages. Interesting. I hope the hood detection system is not getting weird.

Last weekend I my MY was in the garage and I was inside the house and the Tesla app push messaged me that the frunk had been left open. I went into garage and looked and it was closed for sure. I popped the hood and re-latched it and did not get any further messages. Interesting. I hope the hood detection system is not getting weird.
If you open the Tesla app and make a Service appointment, it'll suggest that the Hood latch sensor needs to be replaced based on recent alerts. Mine was intermittent too and will disable Autopilot since it thinks the Frunk is open.

Final update- After multiple attempts by Tesla to fix the issue , I was directed to go to the Tesla Service Center in Fremont. Went there last week and the SA told me that they are aware of this problem in few cars and have already ordered the necessary parts which have arrived. Kept the car overnight, gave me Uber credits to go back home plus any other local commute. Picked up the car next day... so far no repeat so hopefully it is fixed.

I had multiple recurrence of this problem and ultimately they asked me to take the vehicle to the bif service center in Fremont, near the factory. The Service Advisor told me that it is a known issue and they know what to do and they had ordered the parts ( which tooks some time and the appt had to be postponed twice, but now the parts have been received by them). The issue was fixed, it di briefly re-occur twice after the repair but not after that. It was fixed about a month ago.

I've got the same video... July 2020 delivery. I had a pop-up that indicated I should call for a service appointment at one point. Mobile service has ordered parts and scheduled an appointment.

---------
Parts Outstanding
  1. HOOD LATCH ASSY, M3Y
    Part #: 1500397-00-D
    Order Date: July 29, 2021
    Ship Date: Pending
  2. BOLT,PF,M3x12,STL[109],ZN,ADH
    Part #: 1104653-00-B
  3. BOLT,HF,M6x16,[109],G0109,ADH,MAT
    Part #: 1137934-00-C
  4. BOLT,HF,M6x20,[88],SNZN
    Part #: 1447438-00-A
  5. WSHR,SEAL,3.2X7.4X1,AL
    Part #: 1628903-00-A
Really? They cant reuse bolts? Thats just silly. Probably only need the assembly (really the switch sensor). I can see a washer seal for posterity, but hilarious that they're putting in new bolts... like the old ones are bad.

Had the same problem. Being more pronounced if the car was sitting in the hot sun and all. My SC had fixed it by replacing a bunch of grounding screws for the front body controller plus a faulty front body wiring harness (it was shorting out the signal from the latch sensor).

Had the same problem. Being more pronounced if the car was sitting in the hot sun and all. My SC had fixed it by replacing a bunch of grounding screws for the front body controller plus a faulty front body wiring harness (it was shorting out the signal from the latch sensor).
I had the grounding screws replaced 90 days ago and the problem has started happening again last week. Have a service appointment next week. Was thinking it was an actual faulty latch sensor this time but could be the front body wiring harness as you indicated. I'll post an update when it gets fixed.

Reactions: N1L CO2