Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y, Dancing Hood.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the same video... July 2020 delivery. I had a pop-up that indicated I should call for a service appointment at one point. Mobile service has ordered parts and scheduled an appointment.

---------
Parts Outstanding
  1. HOOD LATCH ASSY, M3Y
    Part #: 1500397-00-D
    Order Date: July 29, 2021
    Ship Date: Pending
  2. BOLT,PF,M3x12,STL[109],ZN,ADH
    Part #: 1104653-00-B
  3. BOLT,HF,M6x16,[109],G0109,ADH,MAT
    Part #: 1137934-00-C
  4. BOLT,HF,M6x20,[88],SNZN
    Part #: 1447438-00-A
  5. WSHR,SEAL,3.2X7.4X1,AL
    Part #: 1628903-00-A

For the guys that have a mobile service visit lined up, how did you "prove" to Tesla the problem to get the parts ordered? Can you submit a video or did you just submit a picture showing out the front window that the hood is closed but the car shows it open?

I've had the dancing hood two different days now and figure it's time to submit a service request. I was able to get a little video the other day (while supercharging!) and it shows it pop open on the screen by itself and then close once, but that's all. I wish I could have got a video the day it did it like four times...

Edit: October 2020 Model Y LR

For the guys that have a mobile service visit lined up, how did you "prove" to Tesla the problem to get the parts ordered? Can you submit a video or did you just submit a picture showing out the front window that the hood is closed but the car shows it open?

I've had the dancing hood two different days now and figure it's time to submit a service request. I was able to get a little video the other day (while supercharging!) and it shows it pop open on the screen by itself and then close once, but that's all. I wish I could have got a video the day it did it like four times...

It automatically added the alert which popped up on the dash which said font trunk sensor error - schedule mobile service.

Have had this fixed under warranty. Initially it mainly happened during supercharging and I thought it was an Easter egg :)

Eventually I got the alert about the frunk being open / sensor error.

Fix was to replace the front body controller module grounding screws. Parts were some seals and several bolts (I think everything except the hood latch assembly itself in an earlier post).

Last edited:

I didn't upload the "video" -- I just described the problem and followed the process to get a mobile appointment. Of course they don't let you pick a day/time - they simply assign the next available time. Which is the only day I'm out of town... so I've messaged back-and-forth in the phone app to let them know this.

My car must have known that I commented on this thread because I and the dancing hood and notification to schedule a service visit.

when I scheduled the visit, the app already had the alert so I just uploaded a photo. Mobile Service is schedule for August 26th.