Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this sunshade yesterday.. Fitment is ok but since it’s one big piece.. the fabric is slagging from the center..

Attachments

• 78FD12CE-E706-4586-B8B4-7DE15B0D6731.jpeg
    78FD12CE-E706-4586-B8B4-7DE15B0D6731.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Due to the size of the Model Y sunroof also the fabric we chose which is able to block 75%+ of the sunlight and heat, there will be a slightly slagging in the center of the sunshade after installed. The one on Saber2726' Y is not acceptable and very unusual, already DMed and will send out the replacement today. We are 100% stand behind our products and please feel free to contact us if there's any question or feedback. Thanks.

Here is our Tesmanian Model Y sunshade installed in my Model Y, pic took 10 mins ago

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 679
The one on Saber2726' Y is not acceptable and very unusual, already DMed and will send out the replacement today. We are 100% stand behind our products and please feel free to contact us if there's any question or feedback. Thanks.

Here is our Tesmanian Model Y sunshade installed in my Model Y, pic took 10 mins ago

Thanks for posting this!! I've already ordered one from you and Saber's post scared me. LOL. Your post reassured me about my purchase. Good to see a business standing behind their product.

Reactions: vinvin218
I appreciate the info provided in this thread, very valuable. My (hopefully) soon to me MY will be living in southern AZ. I was thinking of having a plastic heat reflector (not sure of the actual name of such products) installed atop the glass roof. Any of you guys have experience with such products?

Rich

Due to the size of the Model Y sunroof also the fabric we chose which is able to block 75%+ of the sunlight and heat, there will be a slightly slagging in the center of the sunshade after installed. The one on Saber2726' Y is not acceptable and very unusual, already DMed and will send out the replacement today. We are 100% stand behind our products and please feel free to contact us if there's any question or feedback. Thanks.

I too ordered waiting for the product....thank you for building the trust on the product and providing best customer service....

I don't have my Tesla yet, but can't you turn on the air and cool it down inside before getting in it? Slightly off subject I suppose.
Yes, and we regularly do. But the less UV allowed in the cabin, the less heat. The less heat, the less energy used to overcome it.

We've found the glass roof, still out favorite new feature, to be fine while driving. But it's the parking in the Texas sun that you can't do much about sometimes. We hate to lose the view, so this is a great alternative to tint. We'll use it in the summer, and store it the test of the year when we don't need it as much.

Super fast shipping too. Ordered yesterday and shipped the same day...

Reactions: byeLT4
Got my sunshade too. It does sag a bit where Saber2726's piece is sagging, but not nearly as bad as his. I think it's just what happens when you have such a big piece of fabric hanging by it's perimeter only.

It does help a lot with the sun though. I don't feel like the sun is beating down on me while I'm driving now.
20200604_104059.jpg
20200604_104024.jpg

Doesn't that trap a lot of heat just inside the glass? I have seen window tint delamniate on cars with shades like this on the side windows, but nothing as large as a roof. Often times, cars will have vents in the moon roof shade for that reason. Will be interesting to see how the glass holds up over time.