Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't want to road trip in a leaf, even if there are Chademo chargers everywhere... Watch bjorn's video of doing the 1000km challenge with the leaf. It is horrendous, because the battery has no active cooling... After one fast charge session, you are DONE. The battery is too hot, and will throttle for pretty much the rest of the day.. It will basically charge at L2 speeds even when connected to a high power chademo charger. A lot of the EV's bjorn tests can do the 1000km challenge in around 10 hours, with the better ones doing it in less... In bjorn's video of the LEaf with the 62kwh battery, at one of the charging stops, it was charging so slow, he was twiddling his thumbs for TWO HOURS, and then the charger just stopped. It refused to charge the leaf any more, even tho it still wasn't full.. And at the end of the 1000km journey, he found that the trip odometer cant even display numbers bigger than 999.9, lol... That journey took him 15.5 HOURS! That's SIX HOURS slower than what he did with the tesla. It was so bad, that he basically said there was no point in getting the bigger battery, becuase with the lack of active cooling, you won't be able to reliably fast charge it while driving on trips.
I went to visit family over the holidays in December (this is before we got our Y) and all the Enterprise rental at the airport had was a Leaf (well, and a Dodge Challenger)! We went for it, but what an education. Winter in Michigan and I really knew nothing about Leafs. From there went to Indiana to visit my sister. 175 miles in the winter. While there were some in Michigan, I didn't know that there were 3 (I think) ChaDeMo "fast" chargers total for the state of Indiana and they were no where close to where we were going. Interstate speeds and winter temps and then it got dark and snowed. Let me tell you, it was butt puckering driving and we didn't think we'd make it for a while. Had to charge back up (2 days) with the 110 outlet in my sister's garage. Was happy to make it back to MI where we could at least get to chargers. Trip took at least 3 times as long as it had in the past.

Thank you Tesla for superchargers and decent cars.

Don’t hold your breath. As @ZenRockGarden said it takes time. This will not be a short term advantage. It will take a decade if that for these other manufacturers to get up to speed. @voxel speak for yourself. We and every other friend I have that has an EV would not have even bought an EV if it weren’t for the Tesla range. It was Tesla or nothing. Range and charging network are a huge deal and if it weren’t there would be a million Leafs running around.
The new game changer is finally here: 2023 Mercedes Benz EQS 450 SUV 😲😃 has it all and beyond, WOW..will be hard to beat.. 👍🏻

The new game changer is finally here: 2023 Mercedes Benz EQS 450 SUV 😲😃 has it all and beyond, WOW..will be hard to beat.. 👍🏻

I've seen almost this exact post several times... so I'll make my same reply: The Merc looks great. It's also $125k and you won't even be able to try and order it for another 6 months, at which time the dealer-markup-madness will begin.

This and Model X plaid seems to be better if you don’t care for luxury interior.
Unmatched luxury, Energizing comfort, air suspension, Range, legit 7 passenger 3rd row, High Tech interior, 56’ curved OLED touchscreen instrument cluster, 12.3, 17.7, & 12.3 passenger display, also rear seat entertainment system dual 11.6 screens; Dolby ATMOS 3D sound system, 107.8 kWh battery pack, up to 530 HP, 633 pounds-feet of torque, Panoramic moon roof, power-nap reclining front seats, and a wholelots more.. EPIC 😃

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Unmatched luxury, Energizing comfort, air suspension, Range, legit 7 passenger 3rd row, High Tech interior, 56’ curved OLED touchscreen instrument cluster, 12.3, 17.7, & 12.3 passenger display, also rear seat entertainment system dual 11.6 screens; Dolby ATMOS 3D sound system, 107.8 kWh battery pack, up to 530 HP, 633 pounds-feet of torque, Panoramic moon roof, power-nap reclining front seats, and a wholelots more.. EPIC 😃
I'd be curious if that giant display is standard or not... On the EQS 580 4-Matic, that screen is a $10k option.

@Msicario do you even own a Tesla? You kind of sound like an anti-Tesla troll. You compare Tesla to your Prius and a $175k MBZ neither of them are even in the same category of Tesla. Only thing those three have in common are they are EVs. About as close as saying a Civic type R and Ferrari 488 are similar because they are both sports cars. If you hate Tesla so much and want a $175k MBZ why not head over to that forum. I am sure they would love to have you and you can share all your details there.

@Msicario do you even own a Tesla? You kind of sound like an anti-Tesla troll. You compare Tesla to your Prius and a $175k MBZ neither of them are even in the same category of Tesla. Only thing those three have in common are they are EVs. About as close as saying a Civic type R and Ferrari 488 are similar because they are both sports cars. If you hate Tesla so much and want a $175k MBZ why not head over to that forum. I am sure they would love to have you and you can share all your details

The new EQS 450 SUV 7 seater makes the Tesla look like a Mazda😲😂🤣
Seriously that is an EPIC suv..

I’m happy with my Prius, I’m also retired and don’t care how I get from point A to point B; Been in the Automotive business all my life and have had every imaginable car.. I’m over all that. Been married 46 years, enjoying my wife have fun with our grandkids.. She originally wanted a MYLR 7 seater, but the rear seats are for dolls or midgets, and the wait was to long; So instead, I talked her into getting a Red/Black MYP that we got in about 40 days.. nice car but if only she could have waited for this new EQS, grandkids could have enjoyed all its comfort, high tech and gadgets. Not hating on Tesla, simply pointing out this amazing, game changer new SUV by Mercedes Benz. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The new EQS 450 SUV 7 seater makes the Tesla look like a Mazda😲😂🤣
Seriously that is an EPIC suv..

I’m happy with my Prius, I’m also retired and don’t care how I get from point A to point B; Been in the Automotive business all my life and have had every imaginable car.. I’m over all that. Been married 46 years, enjoying my wife have fun with our grandkids.. She originally wanted a MYLR 7 seater, but the rear seats are for dolls or midgets, and the wait was to long; So instead, I talked her into getting a Red/Black MYP that we got in about 40 days.. nice car but if only she could have waited for this new EQS, grandkids could have enjoyed all its comfort, high tech and gadgets. Not hating on Tesla, simply pointing out this amazing, game changer new SUV by Mercedes Benz. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you even aware that the EQS is roughly twice the cost as a Model Y, and not even remotely in the same marketplace?

We might as well say that your beloved (and non-existent) EQS pales in comparison to a Bugatti Chiron (which is does, but that's a stupid comparison)

Are you even aware that the EQS is roughly twice the cost as a Model Y, and not even remotely in the same marketplace?

We might as well say that your beloved (and non-existent) EQS pales in comparison to a Bugatti Chiron (which is does, but that's a stupid comparison)
Humm🤔 interesting how you have inside information on the price already 😬🤷🏻‍♂️
Bugatti is in the millions 🤦🏻‍♂️ I doubt very much this beauty will be over $200K By let me guess 🤔 Starting at $145K..
Has to compete against the New Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW, RIVIAN, and Model X..

Humm🤔 interesting how you have inside information on the price already 😬🤷🏻‍♂️
Bugatti is in the millions 🤦🏻‍♂️ I doubt very much this beauty will be over $200K By let me guess 🤔 Starting at $145K..
Has to compete against the New Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW, RIVIAN, and Model X..
> doubt very much this beauty will be over $200K By let me guess 🤔 Starting at $145K..

Which just so happens to be right at twice the price of a Model Y. Thanks for making my point for me after pretending to argue about it.

Reactions: DrGriz and goin2drt
You can order an X right now, and there is never a dealer markup. A Model X Plaid has expected delivery in August - months ahead of the estimated date that Mercedes ships ANY EQS, let alone to a random customer who simply shows up and wants to pay list price.
Why does everyone say Tesla doesn't have dealer markups? All of those price increases are the same thing, just a different name since Tesla doesn't use dealerships.

Why does everyone say Tesla doesn't have dealer markups? All of those price increases are the same thing, just a different name since Tesla doesn't use dealerships.
Dealer markups in the sense, that if you place an order today in Seattle, WA or Appleton, WI, or Holmdell, NJ, you will pay the exact same price... You can't say the same for the EV6... You can and often will pay a different price depending on which dealer you walk into...

Reactions: WhiteWi

Because there are no DEALER markups. The money is going to Tesla, not some dealership and everyone in the nation is paying the exact same price at the time of ordering.

Go visit a Toyota dealer, try to order a RAV4 Prime with a list price of $50k and then experience the "yeah, and if you want it now it's an extra $20k" fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.