Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed about what? Did you miss the fact that I driver a model s p90d?

I repeat at times because posts are missed. For example you didn't see I drive a MS or did you?

I've always been pro Tesla and that doesn't change. I feel Tesla can do better and not be greedy.

Your snide remarks show your lack of proper open minded conversation. It's best you read instead of respond.
Of course I did not miss that you drive an MS. You are in a discussion regarding the "worth" of a model Y. So are you considering buying one to replace it? Why do you care if others think it is "worth" the price?

Reactions: WhiteWi
I agree. That's basic economics. But that's not how consumers buy cars. They normally approach the purchase of a motor vehicle in a sensible manner. And in an affordable manner.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic here. I hope so.

I used to think German quality was good too until I experienced Mercedes build quality first hand for 4 years. The interior creaks and rattles drove me crazy. Even the loaners they gave me had the same thing when my car was in to fix these issues. Both dealers I took the Benz to ended up giving me felt tape to apply on my own to try to get rid of some of the rattles.

I know people give Tesla crap for "within spec" but my Benz had wider panel gaps and Mercedes said those were within spec too.

The issue isn't just present on German and American cars. My experience with Japanese (Infiniti) was worse with even worse customer care. (At least Tesla and Mercedes make the effort to correct issues)
My Audis have been beyond reproach in fit and finish. Can't speak to Benz and I haven't given BMW a chance after seeing how long they kept the orange-lighted dashboards. Blech. They used to always look worse than everyone else.

...and for the cost 9 gallons of gas, you can completely charge a Tesla like 3 times while pausing to stretch your legs which would be in a state of rigor mortis if you hammered yourself for 5 relentless hours down the highway in a Prius at 85 mph
You can justify 3+ stops all you want but it’s because you have to, not because you want to.. make sure you stay at a steady 65 mph while everyone is passing you by.. 😂🤣 Don’t want to make an additional stop 🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣

You can justify 3+ stops all you want but it’s because you have to, not because you want to.. make sure you stay at a steady 65 mph while everyone is passing you by.. 😂🤣 Don’t want to make an additional stop 🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣
You really should consider a new car brand. As Tesla is such a burden to you why continue to be a masochist? Find a car you like and enjoy your life.

You really should consider a new car brand. As Tesla is such a burden to you why continue to be a masochist? Find a car you like and enjoy your life.

Yeah, I owned an older prius and the LAST thing I would ever want to do in it is ride relentlessly for 5 hours without a break.

Now I also had a Lexus GS450h - that I'd consider a long run in. But a Prius? Really?

Have fun with that.

My Tesla has never had a accessory belt snap, wrap around the crank, enter the crankcase and completely grenade the engine beyond repair, as did the BMW X3 I previously owned...never going back. Please think about all the water pumps, plugs, sensors - oxygen, temp, MAF, tools, scanners, oil leaks that come with luxury ICE cars...never going back...lol

Panel Gaps are silly in the grand scheme of things - they can be adjusted. Mine were perfect btw 2022 MYP.

My Tesla has never had a accessory belt snap, wrap around the crank, enter the crankcase and completely grenade the engine beyond repair, as did the BMW X3 I previously owned...never going back. Please think about all the water pumps, plugs, sensors - oxygen, temp, MAF, tools, scanners, oil leaks that come with luxury ICE cars...never going back...lol

Panel Gaps are silly in the grand scheme of things - they can be adjusted. Mine were perfect btw 2022 MYP.
Don't get me started on cam and crank seals leaking, front ones, lord forbid rear seals lol, timing belts jobs, gasket leaks... it never ends. Thank goodness for Lucas Stop Leak! And than trans fluid flushes that then leads to using Lubeguard much like Lucas...

Kona electric has been around for 5 years, id4 for 2+, Ford and gm has been building evs for quite some time. I wouldn't call them newbies. Electricity America has gotten much better and there are others also.

Yes, these "other" guys has been building their EVs for a few years now. But there is a reason why ppl still buy or pick a Tesla over them. If you just looking for a "boring" EV to commute around town...YES, those single motor are great deal if you can get them for MSRP and tax credit. As long as you have a ICE backup to do road trip.

Silverp85+ are right tho, the new 3 and Y prices are getting out of reach for most ppl. But other brand is going up too. U might not see it from MSRP, but the markup is still there.

im planning a road trip soon so having the SC network is priceless. Its a piece of mind knowing that I can get from A to B and not have to worry about fueling up my EV. Im from CA so ton of SC here. I usually travel during the week so never experience any lines yet for the past 2 years. I never used EA but had $1000 EvGO credit to use for my first LR MY. Draining that $1000 credit was a pain! thats about 10,000 miles. 50Kwh charging speed is more liked 30-40 kWh. 20% of the time u get to a station, its either full or a couple malfunction stall. Also slow charging speed at 20 ish kwh. Always in my head going to the station, something will go wrong. Takes 1-2 min to fire up the charging, then wait 1-2 min to make sure it don't stop charging. Then 30-45 min to charge depending on ur battery. Im glad there's a station near my house so I used it all up. I wanted to give the last couple hundred dollar away since the experience was so horrible. I will never use EvGo again if I don't have to!

So yea, a Tesla is worth every dollar to me compared to any other EV. iF you want a fun daily driver and can go road tripping, there's no other EV that can provide that kind of experience. No need to mention all the perks with a Tesla, we all know it by now. Until these other legacy auto comes out with a fun car, a reliable charging network and more range, Tesla can take all my money. Including charging me for their mobile charger! lol

one last thing, I don't think anymore here mention before. Their app is amazing! IF Tesla app sucks, I might not recommend to any of my friends. The app is very important to me. Its the complete user experience. My wife have a second gen Prius plug in. Man, Toyota app sucks. Can't even lock or unlock doors, turn on AC or heating. Thats all Im asking for. Yes, we did paid their $8 monthly subscription to try for 3 months. The AC or heating does work time to time after they updated their app. It was horrible before that. Still can't lock or unlock doors. I have a tip for Toyota and other auto, build ur app first. Make sure its reliable and maybe they stand a chance. My buddy has a leaf and Nissan app sucks even more! Oh yea, maybe not charge ppl a month subscription just to do common task! my 2 cents.

Don't get me started on cam and crank seals leaking, front ones, lord forbid rear seals lol, timing belts jobs, gasket leaks... it never ends. Thank goodness for Lucas Stop Leak! And than trans fluid flushes that then leads to using Lubeguard much like Lucas...
I had a timing chain snap on an LSx V8. I had to replace a bunch of valves. That wasn't fun. (Ok, yes it was, but very time consuming, haha)

Yes, these "other" guys has been building their EVs for a few years now. But there is a reason why ppl still buy or pick a Tesla over them. If you just looking for a "boring" EV to commute around town...YES, those single motor are great deal if you can get them for MSRP and tax credit. As long as you have a ICE backup to do road trip.

Silverp85+ are right tho, the new 3 and Y prices are getting out of reach for most ppl. But other brand is going up too. U might not see it from MSRP, but the markup is still there.

im planning a road trip soon so having the SC network is priceless. Its a piece of mind knowing that I can get from A to B and not have to worry about fueling up my EV. Im from CA so ton of SC here. I usually travel during the week so never experience any lines yet for the past 2 years. I never used EA but had $1000 EvGO credit to use for my first LR MY. Draining that $1000 credit was a pain! thats about 10,000 miles. 50Kwh charging speed is more liked 30-40 kWh. 20% of the time u get to a station, its either full or a couple malfunction stall. Also slow charging speed at 20 ish kwh. Always in my head going to the station, something will go wrong. Takes 1-2 min to fire up the charging, then wait 1-2 min to make sure it don't stop charging. Then 30-45 min to charge depending on ur battery. Im glad there's a station near my house so I used it all up. I wanted to give the last couple hundred dollar away since the experience was so horrible. I will never use EvGo again if I don't have to!

So yea, a Tesla is worth every dollar to me compared to any other EV. iF you want a fun daily driver and can go road tripping, there's no other EV that can provide that kind of experience. No need to mention all the perks with a Tesla, we all know it by now. Until these other legacy auto comes out with a fun car, a reliable charging network and more range, Tesla can take all my money. Including charging me for their mobile charger! lol

one last thing, I don't think anymore here mention before. Their app is amazing! IF Tesla app sucks, I might not recommend to any of my friends. The app is very important to me. Its the complete user experience. My wife have a second gen Prius plug in. Man, Toyota app sucks. Can't even lock or unlock doors, turn on AC or heating. Thats all Im asking for. Yes, we did paid their $8 monthly subscription to try for 3 months. The AC or heating does work time to time after they updated their app. It was horrible before that. Still can't lock or unlock doors. I have a tip for Toyota and other auto, build ur app first. Make sure its reliable and maybe they stand a chance. My buddy has a leaf and Nissan app sucks even more! Oh yea, maybe not charge ppl a month subscription just to do common task! my 2 cents.
The ultimate EV SUV has finally arrived; 2023, EQS 450 MERCEDES Benz 😃👍🏻

• Funny
Bjorn tested the EQS 580 4-Matic... That thing, when he was driving, the navigation said he would arrive with > 20% soc... So he started driving... During the drive the car complained that it he needed to pull over to charge... The navigation display still said he would arrive with 19%.... He flipped screens, and saw the current SoC was around 10%. He showed a view where he got it to display both at the same time... He also showed that when he was fast charging, the car would often yell at him that he needs to pull over and charge, even tho he was already charging... On his 1000km challenge with the EQS, he also showed that it only preheated the battery if the set destination in the navi is too far away, and you select from a list of chargers... If you directly enter in the fast charger as a destination, it doesn't preheat the battery. Hopefully they fix all this for the SUV. The conflicting SoC values would drive me nuts...

Bjorn tested the EQS 580 4-Matic... That thing, when he was driving, the navigation said he would arrive with > 20% soc... So he started driving... During the drive the car complained that it he needed to pull over to charge... The navigation display still said he would arrive with 19%.... He flipped screens, and saw the current SoC was around 10%. He showed a view where he got it to display both at the same time... He also showed that when he was fast charging, the car would often yell at him that he needs to pull over and charge, even tho he was already charging... On his 1000km challenge with the EQS, he also showed that it only preheated the battery if the set destination in the navi is too far away, and you select from a list of chargers... If you directly enter in the fast charger as a destination, it doesn't preheat the battery. Hopefully they fix all this for the SUV. The conflicting SoC values would drive me nuts...
Oh no doubt they will correct all that.. Mercedes Benz name brand is on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.