Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model3 2020rwd aligment issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, recently my car threw errors of steering aligment. After those errors regen braking, stability control etc is not working. Went and got my aligment done, everything is perfectly fine but all the errors still remain. Regen braking doesnt work, stability controletc. Clearing offset angle in service menu says FAIL. Any ideas? Maybe the car needs some miles to re-learn the offset?

4AAA6B4F-585F-4465-A24E-A07C22CC013D.jpeg

This has nothing to do with the actual car alignment. This most likely is the steering angle sensor failing and the car not knowing the angle of the steering wheel, which breaks lots of things.
It could also be a wheel speed sensor. Those of us that race get this sometimes if we break a ABS wire- it causes TONS of error messages.

Anytime you have multiple messages, you can't just choose one of them and believe it's the issue. The vehicle hold, traction, and stability control messages have to also be considered as part of the root cause.

The same thi
This has nothing to do with the actual car alignment. This most likely is the steering angle sensor failing and the car not knowing the angle of the steering wheel, which breaks lots of things.
It could also be a wheel speed sensor. Those of us that race get this sometimes if we break a ABS wire- it causes TONS of error messages.

Anytime you have multiple messages, you can't just choose one of them and believe it's the issue. The vehicle hold, traction, and stability control messages have to also be considered as part of the root cause.
the exact same thing happened on my other tesla, but after aligment everything was gone and never came back since
P.s i have left fender camera removed, may that be the cause of Angle offset reset failure?

Last edited: