Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a hit to the ego to be in the wrong. Some people can't take it, and will do whatever they can to put blame on the other person. You just happened to be the target. No doubt would have played out the same if you had been in any other quiet car. If he were smart he'd use this experience to learn that relying solely on your ears to detect cars is a bad idea. But instead he'd rather be "right."

Pulled into my garage just as a few guys walked by the house. As I got out of the car one of them called out to me "Can you lock the car so we can see the handles go in?" I laughed and said "Sure!" When the handles retracted he just smiled and said thanks and "Nice car" and off they went.

2. I got my new license plate recently (SILENCE), and saw 4 people take pics of it on the drive south and 2 more on the way back north yesterday. At least a dozen others gave me thumbs up over the course of the week as well.

Maybe I'm oblivious but nobody seems to take pictures of my plates. I guess the one fool (that I talked about a few pages back) who leaned out the window might have been taking a picture of the plate.

I just posted 3 days ago, but almost the same thing happened again. I took yesterday off from work to continue my repair project, but had to go back to the "orange store." Another guy circling the car when I got back to it! This one knew about Tesla though, and just wanted to check it out.

I just posted 3 days ago, but almost the same thing happened again. I took yesterday off from work to continue my repair project, but had to go back to the "orange store." Another guy circling the car when I got back to it! This one knew about Tesla though, and just wanted to check it out.
That's an excuse I use, multiple trips to the orange or other stores :)

My Car and I were invited to my Town's Sustainability Fair last weekend. It's 9:30 the following Friday. It's ironic that I am sitting at a Supercharger. Here's the text I just got. It gave me a Tesla Mom
ent. :)
image.jpg

Went out for a bit with the wife yesterday. Stopped at a light at the entrance to a freeway, and a BMW M3 pulls beside us. My wife REALLY doesn't like 'racing'... she kind of enjoys the launch experience, but not when other cars are involved in some fashion. That said, I hear him rev his engine, so I accelerate a little quicker than normal (but not full). I can't look at him, as my wife will be on to me, so just gauging by his engine getting louder and louder, I keep increasing my acceleration. Because my wife is used to the sudden launch, anything less goes unnoticed, so she didn't really figure out what was happening until it was over. Without giving it full power, I kept the BMW behind me until the speed limit dictated it was time to end. I then pulled into the slow lane, and he pulled up beside me with a big smile on his face. He yelled (so I could hear over wind noise) "I can't believe I was just beat by an electric car" and he gave me a big thumbs up. When my wife heard that, she went from mildly annoyed that I did a little 'race' to extremely happy that we beat the BMW and moreso that the driver knew what beat him. Fun times.

So here's a great little story.

I'm in my one-car garage with the door open talking on the phone to a colleague. My Roadster is in the garage. My wife's Model S is sitting in the car port next to the garage. The FedEx truck pulls up, a guy gets out with a small package and walks up my driveway. I turn towards him and he says "No more gas!" (a statement obviously prompted by the fact that he could see two Teslas sitting there). He smiled, I gave him a thumbs up and took the package. :)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]So my wife and I are on our first trip in the Tesla. My 87 year old mother-in-law is with us and we are driving from Dallas to San Antonio via super chargers in Waco & San Marcos. We stopped at the supercharger in Waco and had lunch at the Collin Street Bakery. If was a wonderful experience all the way around. As we are driving away my mother-in-law says:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]"How much did you pay for that electricity?" "Nothing!", I replied.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]At our next stop in San Marcos, my wife and her mother are walking around the shops at the outlet mall while I waited in the car. I get my required charge and call them to say I am driving over to pick them up. As we drive away my mother-in-law asks: "How much did that charge cost?". Me: "Nothing!". Mother-in-law: "You know that they're gonna come after you!"[/COLOR]

They have been paving my neighborhood for the past week or so, so I've been driving my old car (a Porsche 911TT). My wife and I were heading out to dinner and I had to dart out through a small gap in traffic to cross a busy street and warned her to "hold on" while I floored it and shot across the lanes. When we straightened out and I got off the throttle, she looked over at me and said "this car seems slow now."