Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By far "telsa" is what I hear.

I hear this too and find it very odd (stupid?) what, have these people never heard of Nikolai?

... I got a Facebook/e-mail from an acquaintance who works for a local HVAC company and he was at a customers house who said they had a Tesla and a reservation for an X!
they are interested in meeting other Tesla owners so they gave a phone #. Pretty cool

Then there are the negatives like the guy that followed my wife around at an event last week trying to sell her solar panels for our house. He saw her get out of our Model S and pursued her like a hawk. She told him several times "NO" and he wouldn't let it rest. He asked her what our electricity bill was, how many miles we drive a month, how much for we pay per kWh for electricity, how much it costs a month to charge our Tesla. She didn't want to be bothered any more and told him that but he would keep circling back to her around the event and keep pushing. I told her that if he tries that with me he'll get one polite response telling him we are not interested and after that it won't be pretty.

Yesterday I had just finished drying my car after a wand wash and noticed a passerby standing in awe. He mentioned he's waiting for the pickup truck. He bought stock at $28, but he'd never actually seen a Model S in person until then. I ended up offering him a ride because, you can read all about the smooth, instant, amazing acceleration but nothing replaces the actual feeling. Then it turned out he's an elevator mechanic, working for the company that I had a hand in hiring a couple of years ago while on the strata council at my previous condo home, and he is actually doing the (planned) refurbishment of the elevators in my old building now. Small world (at least in Victoria haha).

Then there are the negatives like the guy that followed my wife around at an event last week trying to sell her solar panels for our house. He saw her get out of our Model S and pursued her like a hawk. She told him several times "NO" and he wouldn't let it rest. He asked her what our electricity bill was, how many miles we drive a month, how much for we pay per kWh for electricity, how much it costs a month to charge our Tesla. She didn't want to be bothered any more and told him that but he would keep circling back to her around the event and keep pushing. I told her that if he tries that with me he'll get one polite response telling him we are not interested and after that it won't be pretty.
If I was your wife, I would have made a scene to get him to stay away.

Best "check out my Tesla" moment.

Grab my buddy, to show him and let him drive my new toy. After we are both giggling over the screen, and "no need to start the car" stuff, we drive around. A few punches, and he's blown away by the pickup (p85).

We approach a yellow light and stop... No one around. We hear a rumble, and a shiny Corvette pulls up on passenger side. He motions to me in the passenger side of Tesla to lower window. "Wow, is that one of those Teslas? It's gorgeous... I never saw one before" he said. He then asks if we can gun it to compare speed. "I think I can take you, but I heard your car is fast"...." No problem, " I reply.

I put on the rear camera on the big screen, knowing what's about to happen, as I tell my buddy to floor it. 4 second after green light, the vet was a dot on the camera. We were dying laughing.

At the next light he pulls up, sticks his head out and says "holy F#%k".

Couldn't script it better!!!!

My recent story isn't as good as Jeffruby's, but...

Yesterday I was heading eastbound through to Snoqualmie pass from Seattle when I noticed flashes of light off to my left that distracted me. I looked to find a van whose passenger was taking photos of my car, with the flash on. They sped up, slowed down and passed me several times to get the best angles. FLASH. FLASH.

We were going about 70. I was broadly smiling the whole time. I had not had an experience like this in a couple of months, so, as we were both heading up a steep slope, side by side, I floored it for a few seconds and left them far behind in my rear view mirror. Man, I wish I had been able to hear the conversation in that van. Future Model E owners?

I'm still getting random cars to slow down or people oggling at stop lights. My wife's somewhat pissed at them as a lot of people really ignore any good sense and point fingers and look with wide eyes at the car forgetting their own ;) The fun part is that I get thumbs up from all possible kinds of cars. From old barely moving cars to brand new cars, from small cars to big SUV's. I get thumbs up from pedestrians as they cross in front of the car ;) Overall it's nice to see the positive reaction of people, not one bad so far. We'll see how it goes when spring and summer roll up so that one drives with lowered windows ;) Of course a lot of this attention could be attributed to the fact that there are exactly two in Estonia ;)

But showing the car to anyone and gunning it once sells the car every time ;)

It happened again yesterday: eased up to a red light next to a couple driving a late model performance sedan; with the green I launched at something less than full throttle (I've got winter tires on and it was 60° at the time: the tires get squidgy when it's that warm), leaving them receding in the rear view mirror. They caught up and hung next to me for a few seconds, ogling the car, then dropped back. Some variation of this scenario is still a frequent occurrence in this part of the world.

Drove my daughter to the Atlanta airport yesterday. At the stop light just before entering the airport I noticed a man frantically waving one lane over. I rolled down the window and he announced: "I just ordered the exact same car as you have! Same color and everything! They tell me it will arrive on April 29th." I congratulated him and we both drove off contentedly.

Leaving whole foods on sunday there was a kid in the front passenger seat of a Sienna at the stop light. He pressed his face near the glass, my wife was with me, we smiled and waved and just gave us the thumbs up sign, future Tesla owner indeed.

This is one of the reasons that I think Tesla has a very bright future. Product recognition is HUGE amoung younger people. I get as much attention from people that are not yet old enough to drive as those that are!!

This is one of the reasons that I think Tesla has a very bright future. Product recognition is HUGE amoung younger people. I get as much attention from people that are not yet old enough to drive as those that are!!

I agree. We picked up our Middle school aged daughter today and were parked very visibly, a lot of the boys were gasping and pointing saying look, it's a Tesla!