Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Montreal Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I want to start by saying that I LOVE my Tesla M3 and would never go back to a fossil fuel car.
I recently had my first experience with having my car serviced at Tesla Montreal. Now I've previously owned mid to high end cars (Volvo, Mercedes, BMW) and there seems to be one common denominator relative to the experience.
1) car returned washed
2) driver side paper carpet cover
3) driver side plastic seat cover
4) interior free of dirty finger prints
5) no damage
6) customer service waiting area comfortable.

My Tesla Montreal service experience resulted in the following:
1) car unwashed
2) no driver paper carpet
3) no driver side plastic cover
4) dirty finger marks on dash, side panel and front right window beam/post
5) damaged driver side door speaker panel
6) 4 chairs in open area service center

Now I thought I had bought a mid to high end car and expected to receive the same category of service.

Very very dissapointed

Attachments

• 20191221_095552.jpg
    20191221_095552.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 82
  • 20191220_152810.jpg
    20191220_152810.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 74
I had two ranger services. No paper mats or plastic seat covers were left behind but they didn't damage or dirty anything either. They fixed what I asked to be fixed. Stories like this make me want to to avoid Montreal SC.

So later today, after I posted my Montreal SC experience, I went to my garage to clean the interior of my car as a I usually do every weekend.
My routine is remove the winter carpets, was them, vacuum inside, clean all my windows and then with a couple of damp microfiber rags I dust her down.
Well guess what...another surprise. On both the passenger and driver side I found dirty footmarks underneath the front carpets I removed.
They must have removed the front mats to do the work I suppose, but to reput the carpets on afterwards without cleaning shows total carelessness for customers property.
Monday I will be going there to find out who worked on my car and I'm going to BLAST him.

Attachments

• 20191221_155045.jpg
    20191221_155045.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
So I went to Tesla Montreal Service Center and showed the pictures I took of my car to pinpoint the issues I had after the service was done to my M3.
The rep of the Service Center apologized and told me that the door panel where the damage was done would be replaced free of charge. He then called the manager of the Service Center as he retained it important that my experience be explained.
The Service Manager, Miss Jamie (not sure that's how you spell her name) thanked me for the feedback and also apologized repeatedly. She said that I could bring my car in anytime and have it detailed free of charge.
She also explained that the Service Center was under a lot of pressure as appointments where being confirmed at the earliest 25 to 30 days downstream and so they were trying to catch up and so final detailing was temporarily removed from their process.
She said they are working hard to iron out the kinks and they seem to be getting there.
She said that she appreciated me coming forward and that they are very concerned about customer satisfaction.
I must say that I did not think things were going to work out this way. I was thinking more that I was going to get into a spat with the Service Center. This was not the case and I am very relieved and happy because I believe in Tesla, love their products and want to be a part of this successful company.
Thank you Tesla Montreal Service Center, and thank you for making proud again to drive a Tesla.

My experience has been the staff there are great, seem to be genuinely trying as best as they can but are just amazingly busy. Tesla upper management is trying to do everything differently then all other car companies and it just doesn’t always translate to a great experience.

6) 4 chairs in open area service center

There's additional chairs where the coffee machine is, right under the stairs. Still not as confortable as the delivery waiting area up front, but a bit more quiet than the other chairs by the garage windows. I could also use the small office there to work on my laptop while I waited for my car the last time I was there.

Thing to remember: the Montreal SC had its staff cut in half last year, and their work load was increased until the QC service center was up and running.

Not saying you’re not right to call them on their shortcomings, just keep in mind that the guys on the floor aren’t the problem. They’ll get there, they just need a little more feedback to get there.