Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DO YOU USE AC OR DC IN US ?
Both. DC for Supercharging. AC for home or Level 2 charging.
WHAT DO THE ADAPTER HAVE IN TO CHANGE IT FROM AC TO DC
There's no need for an AC/DC adapter in the US with US cars. The US Tesla plug can handle DC Supercharging as well as AC for home charging in the United States.

The adapter you bought will only work for Supercharging. It will not work for AC charging.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
can you tell me why the supercharging adapter will not work ,there is only high power wire in the adapter there in no electrice stuff in side .
The adapter you're using is rare and expensive. We don't have experience with it to know why it doesn't work with AC. The manufacturer says it doesn't and there are other solutions to your problem.
If I had to guess, I would think that the Pilot pin does not pass through the adapter because it's not used for DC.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
lets try again .i am in the uk .i brought a usa 2013 p 85 just had it shipped over damaged .all working ok, i brought supercharging adapter so i can use to it on my 240 charging station .when i plug into the car i get a blue light .it will not turn green . any more help please

I hope your car can be fully repaired and recertified as safe with a valid registration. If it is a salvage car, there's a chance Tesla might not service it. You may have to negotiate with them on that or get it fully tested and certified through a Tesla authorized location. I hope it works out well for you.

This is the most frustrating thread I have ever seen.

I just stumbled across this and tried to read the OP's posts. OMG! Yes.

*****​

While I am here, anyone know the cost of this European Type 2-to-TPC adapter: TeslaAdapter.com? As far as I can tell, you have to "order" the adapter and supply information before you can learn what the price is. Suspicious. In comparison, at least this site displays the (considerable) price up front. I'll keep searching.

While I am here, anyone know the cost of this European Type 2-to-TPC adapter: TeslaAdapter.com? As far as I can tell, you have to "order" the adapter and supply information before you can learn what the price is. Suspicious. In comparison, at least this site displays the (considerable) price up front. I'll keep searching.
EVSEAdapters (your second link) is a fantastic company and has been selling great charging products for Teslas for many years. I've bought several adapters from them. So while they may be expensive, you will find a lot of support for them from others here on this forum as to their quality and the company's reliability.