Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lets try again .i am in the uk .i brought a usa 2013 p 85 just had it shipped over damaged .all working ok, i brought supercharging adapter so i can use to it on my 240 charging station .when i plug into the car i get a blue light .it will not turn green . any more help please

Attachments

• dcb0abdc-0c70-4111-930d-d3920bd97cd9.jpg
    dcb0abdc-0c70-4111-930d-d3920bd97cd9.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 237
lets try again .i am in the uk .i brought a usa 2013 p 85 just had it shipped over damaged .all working ok, i brought supercharging adapter so i can use to it on my 240 charging station .when i plug into the car i get a blue light .it will not turn green . any more help please
Talk to the vendor for your adapter. It may not work for AC charging.

This is the proper adapter for AC charging a North American Tesla car with other charging equipment.
SAE J1772 Charging Adapter
It provides a Type-1 (J1772) socket. You can buy a Type-2 to Type-1 cable for charging at a socketed charging station at home or in public. This type of cable is also used to charge an older Nissan Leaf in the UK.
J1772 to 62196-2 32A Electric Vehicle Charging Plugs / Cable Type 1 to Type 2 32A Premium EV Charging Cable

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and GSP
thanks for reply ,

my plug is usa model
Another approach is to use a North American Mobile Connector and a 16A or 32A Commando plug adapter for the Gen2 Mobile Connector.
Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle
International EV Adapters – EVSE Adapters

You can probably buy the UK 3-pin plug adapter at a Tesla service center. They may also have the Commando plug adapters. I'm not sure about that.
thanks i have a supercharger adapter cost £600 but still no joy of charging any more help thanks

i brought supercharging adapter so i can use to it on my 240 charging station .when i plug into the car i get a blue light .it will not turn green . any more help please
The supercharging adapter is only for supercharging.
That also says only to be used with Superchargers.
@FS1EMAN You have been told this multiple times that that adapter will ONLY work with Supercharging. You are trying to use it with a 240V alternating current source. It will not work for that. Why are you still arguing about that?

You will need a charging cable adapter for charging a US Tesla from a Type 2 cable:

US Tesla to Type 2 Charging cable adapter - evChargeking

You can get this too (it might be available at some Tesla UK locations):

Corded Mobile Connector

Alternately, if you want to use the US Tesla Gen 2 MC (Mobile Connector), you can get these:

US NEMA 6-15 240 V 15 A to UK Type G 220 V - 250 V 13 A / universal adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-11...ords=nema+6-15p+adapter&qid=1602609065&sr=8-4

Select the NEMA 6-15 adapter here (be sure to set your car's charge current to 10 A maximum, or 13 A maximum * 0.8):
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

Note that if the MC is a Gen 1, you will need to get a Gen 2. For that you might as well get the UK MC version.

Alternately, Tesla may be able to change your car's charge port to the UK standard.

You will need a charging cable adapter for charging a US Tesla from a Type 2 cable:

US Tesla to Type 2 Charging cable adapter - evChargeking

You can get this too (it might be available at some Tesla UK locations):

Corded Mobile Connector

Alternately, if you want to use the US Tesla Gen 2 MC (Mobile Connector), you can get these:

US NEMA 6-15 240 V 15 A to UK Type G 220 V - 250 V 13 A / universal adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-11...ords=nema+6-15p+adapter&qid=1602609065&sr=8-4

Select the NEMA 6-15 adapter here (be sure to set your car's charge current to 10 A maximum, or 13 A maximum * 0.8):
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

Note that if the MC is a Gen 1, you will need to get a Gen 2. For that you might as well get the UK MC version.

Alternately, Tesla may be able to change your car's charge port to the UK standard.
Yeah, I think that it would've been cheaper to just change the charge port, especially when you consider the Supercharging adapter that he bought probably cost him close to $1000 already.