Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offering 15000 Free Supercharger miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Did you also say the expiry date was confirmed to be incorrect?
No, no one’s said as much but the email and the text on the website doesn’t mention any expiry.

My gut feeling is it is mistake or issue as they also sent me an email about the 100 miles they issue because the car wasn’t charged above 50%. Those do expire after 6 months.

So didn’t get the 100 miles but got the 15,000 but has the 100 miles expiry terms. Guess I’ll raise a service request but was hoping they’d say something official about it to save me the Tesla.

Well if they only give them after the cooling off period, why would I have mine on delivery day along with other people I saw them showing these in their apps also.

I'd not call it a lie, that's to intentionally mislead. It's more ill-informed and again doubt it's their fault, just a lack of communication from Tesla on it all I imagine.
I think the worst of it is the lack of internal communication or even miscommunication, resulting in total external confusion.
Hence all the 'confused' forum posts

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Just been in touch again with Glasgow Tesla where I am on the verge of making a bad financial decision and pulling the trigger on a new MP3 and he said this regarding the miles -

''With regards to the Model 3 Performance in White. This would be available for collection by the end of June which would allow you to take advantage of the Free Supercharging miles. At this stage there is no expiry on these miles which is good news''

For anyone who has them showing to expire in 6 months I'd be chasing your dealer..

To hell with free supercharging miles what we really need are the price reductions being made in Germany and Australia! Tesla are taking the Mick here.... still thousands of cars at Southampton!
Amen!!! We're the same in Ireland. M3P is €61k. The €3500 gov EV Grant is capped at 60k. Even if they dropped the performance prove a tiny bit I'd pay 56/57k for that and cancel my M3LR order

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Mine’s just arrived. 6 days after pickup. 3 years expiry 🕺🏽
IMG_5885.jpeg

Yes, I got 15,000 loyalty points (3rd Tesla), so that equates to another 9,000 miles when all cashed in.
Nice. Shame they still have an expiry. Seeing as I mostly home charge, 15,000 miles would last the lifetime of the car for me. I’ll of course probably do some trips leaving with less charge and then do a few supercharges while out and about to use some of it up.

I’m on a 3 year PCP anyway.
Yeah then doesn’t make any difference for you. I brought this one outright. In theory could give to the wife in a year and a half when he lease is up however she’s not driven it and the lack of stalks could be a deal breaker there. It’s kind of exactly as I thought it might be, she loves her Model 3 Performance but if she doesn’t get over the lack of stalks it’ll have to be a different brand. Model Y will be Juniper and stalkless by then also I’m sure.

Not had too many drives in it yet but I ain’t fully got hang of it either, a few times I’m indicating the opposite way than I intend to go. So if you see an Ultra Red Highland in Bedfordshire, please be aware I might not be going the way I’m advertising I plan to go 😂

Ah interesting. Mine has updated now to 3 years as well. More like it though the offer didn’t mention an expiry so still doesn’t seem aligned.

You had some additional miles from something else to get to 17,907?

View attachment 1056327
Having to actually pay for SC seems so.'wrong'. I know the absolutely value of 'free' SC isn't much, but having never paid for any kind of EV public charging (Ecotricity and Charge Scotland were both free once), the concept of paying to fuel our EV at public chargers is totally alien to me 😄.

If Tesla get desperate enough to bring back 'free for life' SC, that might tempt us to order a 3 to replace our Lexus hybrid.

53790346618_b21a59b60c_c_d.jpg

Reactions: WillCotter