Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OS 8 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated last night- markwj is right no calendar (even it can be auto hide) in HK version.
Still no Korean language support to read my K-pop mp3 sound but can embedded own act photo instead of download from internet.
on the current AP 1 hardware, does 8.0 make it work better or not ... have to try.

tried out autopilot in tunnel a few times, where i had the speed limit set to 70km/h before activating autopilot, and i was travelling at about 40km/h.

with no cars in front for about 20 metres, i turned on autopilot. it accelerately much more smoothly (i.e. less as aggressive) than it did on 7.0 software, which is a pleasant improvement. in stop and go traffic, it also deccelerates a bit earlier and a bit more gentle - that's another change most welcome.

it is still no good to use TACC in grid lock traffice without double white lines tho, since the car doesn't get close enough to the car in front, and cars from the others lines just keep sneaking in. When you have the car distance setting rolled to 1, it keeps about 1 car length in front. sensible yes, but HK drivers mostly go bumper to bumper and you're expected to keep like.... 1/5 of a car space, which makes the tesla prime meat for lane cutting abuse. that's more of a HK problem than a tesla/TACC/autopilot problem tho.

also, anyone noticed the glass roof option they sneaked onto the model S page (non-HK)? it was datemined from the andriod api ages ago but now it is actually available for order - seeing that i barely use the pano roof, i may have preferred the cheaper glass roof were it available back then.

I don't have autopilot so no comments on that feature. However, I do like the new user interface. An added bonus is with the Music app. Spotify integration is better and I also noticed that my USB stick music is better organized too. Finally, a software upgrade that I actually like.