Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owner/Fan Election Poll

Who Are You Voting for in 2020?

• Trump

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Biden

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
Didn't see a poll by searching the forums, so let's start our own Presidential Election Poll for Tesla owners/fans.
  • You have to vote to see the results
  • Your vote is completely confidential, so you don't have to worry about voter suppression
  • Poll runs until Nov 3
I think I know how this is going to go, but it could be interesting...

I’m voting for Biden, but this is purely a “Lesser of Two Evils” vote. I hate the two party system in the USA.

Same with the post above, but for Trump. Really wish we had different options tho instead of having to pick between bad and worse.

Fitting that the very first two posts of this thread are epitome of what's wrong with our current system. It's not the system that's broken but the people voting within it. Somehow I doubt our founding fathers had people holding their nose to vote for someone they despised just so someone else couldn't win in mind when they founded this great nation. I doubt that so many brave men and women who laid down their lives so we could have the right to vote and be free from oppression and tyranny paid the ultimate price so we could simply "toss a vote away" in the name of the "other party" not getting into office.

Ironic that you two both cancel each other out with this tried and true method to perpetuate this crummy system. Then, you'll take the opportunity to hope the pilot of the plane you're on crashes into a mountainside simply so you can say you're right cheering the demise the whole way down. Unreal.

There IS other options. Your vote DOES count. If neither of these two (R v D) candidates are the person you specifically want to see in power, cast your vote for someone who DOES align with your ideals and sensibilities. There's nearly two dozen right there on the ballot and if none of them align with what you want leading our nation, write in a candidate on the line below them. There's even a female candidate with the Libertarian Party if you want to be the one who historically voted for the first female president. There's SO many options and they're all printed right there on the ballot. Stop complaining that it's either a choice between Turd Sandwich or Giant Douche and have the courage to actually vote for the candidate who best represents you. That's the idea after all.

If enough people vote with that in mind we'd have changed the system decades ago. Third party candidates would gain more and more votes and eventually people would start to see that and follow the trend towards quality leadership. Instead, every year, it's just a bunch of people either not voting because of the options or casting a vote against one of the options when they hate both. Then they complain for four years that candidate XYZ is Hitler and we're all doomed until the next election cycle comes along and we repeat the process.

Remember, we have the government we deserve.

~~~~Before closing down this thread which is in the clearest possible terms in violation of TMC rules against political discussions, all are - for the moment! - going to be given one and only chance:
The only permissible response to this thread is “Voted”.~~~