Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. I can’t wait to have Autopilot for the Anthony Henday everyday. Thanks!
AP and Nav on Autopilot really make my day on Henday. I look forward to the drive from home (near Henday just west of Calgary Trail) to work (Yellowhead near 97th). Some days the car suggests westbound, some days eastbound, depending on traffic conditions. Nav on Autopilot even gets in the correct lane and automatically takes the off ramp from Henday to Yellowhead and vice versa. Only when its really slippery (2 or 3 days last winter) did I want to turn off AP during the drive, and only then because I could feel the back end slip out just a bit during accelleration (which it corrected soon enough) due to AP speeding up too fast for the icy conditions.

One of the biggest mistakes of my life was buying a RWD BMW in Alberta in the interest of saving a few bucks.

I think buying an RWD drive car in our climate is simply irresponsible. Learn from my mistake - the fact you are even asking makes me know you already know the answer.

disagree; there isn't anything magic about AWD unless you want to out accelerate everyone from a stop on icy/snowy roads; if you get an excellent set of winter tires after you are moving it makes no difference how many wheels are driving your car. Sure all the auto makers advertise "Advanced AWD" and "suretrac" and what ever key phrases they come up with; all fluff.

• Disagree
Reactions: N.Y.R.
I just changed my order... went grey with white interior.
That's quite the change! I did this several times when ordering my first (and second) Tesla! Grey with white was my first choice... I downloaded many pics from the interweb of that colour combo. Ultimately ended up with white on white mostly my wife's choice. I like it but still like the darker colours with white interior too.

disagree; there isn't anything magic about AWD unless you want to out accelerate everyone from a stop on icy/snowy roads; if you get an excellent set of winter tires after you are moving it makes no difference how many wheels are driving your car. Sure all the auto makers advertise "Advanced AWD" and "suretrac" and what ever key phrases they come up with; all fluff.
It does make a difference when parking on steeper hills in winter but that's about it.

Got it

Attachments

• D9DEC170-696D-481D-97FD-14122A8E5CA5.jpeg
    D9DEC170-696D-481D-97FD-14122A8E5CA5.jpeg
    764.1 KB · Views: 124
Hi @Everyone!
The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta has arranged a Meetup tomorrow (Sunday, November 17) in Canmore, AB! It's a "winter drive" meetup even though it's supposed to be 12C! We plan to meet at the Starbucks accross from COP in Calgary for some "fuel" (aka coffee) before we convoy to Canmore together! Lunch will be around 12:30pm at BLAKE in Canmore. If you need to reach me text 403-991-9192. Pablo

If you need a meeting location for your GPS enter 83 Bowridge Drive NW, Calgary - 11:30am

Hi @Everyone!
The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta has arranged a Meetup tomorrow (Sunday, November 17) in Canmore, AB!

If you need a meeting location for your GPS enter 83 Bowridge Drive NW, Calgary - 11:30am

Would have love to have gone there, but @Everyone is in Montréal. Waiting for the Tcan to light up so I can visit there!

Merry Christmas, and happy new year, Albertan Tesla folks! I'm seeing so many Teslas out and about these days, but they're never using the plugs I need. It's great! :p

Just wanted to mention three things:
  1. Did anybody notice that the TCH is fully Superchargered? So exciting! According to my car, Winnipeg in 17h, Toronto in 40-something.
  2. Red Deer has a new 8-stall v3 Supercharger on Leva Ave. Much easier to get to, and presumably the parking lot is better paved. Also, $0.01 less per minute than the old one.
  3. How many of you know about Tesla's mud flaps aka paint protection kit for Model 3? It's available free of charge in climates such as ours where sand and salt is used aggressively on the roads. I acquired a kit from Calgary the week before Christmas and installed it over the Christmas break. I told one of my coworkers about it, but they were out by the time he called just a couple days later. More kits will be available in early January, though, I hear. I detailed my experience installing the kit here: Tesla Mud Flaps / Paint Protection Kit

Picking up my model 3 tomorrow, excited but also slightly irritated. I have a set of winter tires already mounted on rims needing to go on, is it too much to ask that while prepping the car for delivery (installing the mudflaps, detailing etc) that they just throw them on at the same time? Everyone I've talked to said they simply can't do it until after delivery while also charging $90+ to do it. Buying previous cars from Toyota and Infiniti, they both had no problem throwing on the tires free of charge and even storing the summers for free one season.

Picking up my model 3 tomorrow, excited but also slightly irritated. I have a set of winter tires already mounted on rims needing to go on, is it too much to ask that while prepping the car for delivery (installing the mudflaps, detailing etc) that they just throw them on at the same time? Everyone I've talked to said they simply can't do it until after delivery while also charging $90+ to do it. Buying previous cars from Toyota and Infiniti, they both had no problem throwing on the tires free of charge and even storing the summers for free one season.

I saw your post on RFD; you sure can ask the Calgary Store to mount the rims for you. The staff I've dealt with in the Calgary store are very friendly and do their best to accommodate customers. Oh, and due to the extreme cold snap, energy consumption will be much higher so do charge as much as possible before embarking long journeys. Welcome to the club.